Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wear glasses all the time. I have a modular helmet for the ease of using glasses. I like the ideal of the helmets with the internal flip down sheild. My question is, how does the sheild work with glasses. I would like feedback from riders who have these type of helmets, and which brand. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi wampuspacker,

I also wear glasses all the time, and I have a Caberg Rhyno helmet.

No problem whatsoever with the internal flip down visor, it stays well apart from your glasses.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Scorpion EXO-900 works great fo me.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
HJC IS 16 has an internal sun visor. On really bright or hot days, I wear sunglasses that are A) darker than the internal sun visor and B) allow me to ride with the main shield open sometimes if its hot.

Many times, with my sunglasses on, I have lowered the internal sun visor due to excess glare(ie riding into the sunset etc) and there is lots of clearance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a Nolan N90 modular with a flip down sun visor. I like it a lot! With or without my glasses it's a great helmet made by a great company.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I have a Nolan N90 modular with a flip down sun visor. I like it a lot! With or without my glasses it's a great helmet made by a great company.

Good Call. I like my Scorpion but i'm going to get the Nolan N90 for my next helmet

·
Registered
508 Posts
Right now Im using the Vemar Jiano and I love everything about it. It works great if you wear glasses it also has a really nice flip down sun screen. There is one thing about this helmet is that it sucks in the rain. The water works its way on the inside of the face shield and destroys your abilty to see! If your just a fair weather rider this is a great lid and the bluetooth works as good as any out there.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I have the HJC IS-Max. Matches the '11 Versys real well. I wear polarized sunglasses clipped onto my glasses, but also use the sun visor when it is real bright out, or when transitioning from morning darkness to light and don't want to stop to put on the sunglasses. The quality of the helmet is OK, but my full face helmets are a Bell Star, and KBC Racer-1 which are both of those companies top of the line helmets so the HJC is pretty crappy in comparison. Hope I never have to find out how well it protects.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I have the HJC IS-Max. Matches the '11 Versys real well....The quality of the helmet is OK, but my full face helmets are a Bell Star, and KBC Racer-1 which are both of those companies top of the line helmets so the HJC is pretty crappy in comparison. Hope I never have to find out how well it protects.
:huh:?? So you sacrifice safety by wearing a "crappy" helmet just to match the bike when you have better helmets in the closet?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I too wear glasses and use flip up helmet with internal visor, No problem at all.

Caberg sintesi- ITALY.

:cheers:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Old Shoei Syncrotec. Haven't crashed it, can't rate it that way. Great for glasses wearer (Me). Shoei has a new modular coming out, may have to get one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts