Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
What do you plan on doing? When I bought my 08, it had a Corbin saddle, MRA Vario windshield, and Two Brothers exhaust already installed. My backside loves the Corbin saddle, but my ears and neighbors didn't like the Two Brothers so I re-installed the stock exhaust and am happier with it. The MRA Vario will one day be replaced if I can ever decide which windshield to replace it with.

So far I've added Givi V35 hard bags and an Axio tail bag, both of which I like very much. Also installed a Skidmarx rear hugger fender, Moto Werk footpeg lowering kit (which makes riding more comfortable even though I have relatively short legs), a PIAA Sport Horn (much better than the stock wheezer), a Sun Star 43 tooth steel rear sprocket (same manufacturer as the stock sprocket), a pair of Grip Puppies (they slip over the stock grips and virtually eliminate any buzzing in the bars), and a few other bits that slip my mind at the moment. :eek:

Potential candidates for addition include: a gear indicator light, Fenda-Extender, and BMC air filter but who knows when.

Good luck and have great fun with whatever you decide on. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Congrats on the bike and let's see:

Best useful mods is changing the stock brake hoses to stainless steel ones. Immediate improvement to the brakes. Countless times it helped me avoid accidents.

For better rideability, 44T rear sprocket and DNA Air Filter. Bike doesn't shudder much when using the wrong high gear. 44T makes the 1st gear useful. Gets better Fuel consumption with the air filter. Wash and re-oil every 10k km.

I have a MRA Vario W/S and it is a recommended one for cruising in the highways. There are larger ones, but in my 100% hot climate country, i need some wind for air cooling my body ;)

For more mods, please check out my siggy link. Oh BTW, check out my own DIY fender extender and save some $$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts