Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

will pick up my bike next week, and I am already thinking of getting a touring windshield and handguards... would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm planning on putting a 12V outlet on my bike this spring... Just can't do without it anymore...

My first mod was a Vance and Hines CS One slip on, and boy does it sound better than the EPA can the V comes with.. My only complaint is that the undercan rusted after 1 summer, light rust, but still, I was disappointed.

Oh I forgot my V came with the Motowerk Loweing Kit and the factory versys gel seat (got mine slightly used).

Not sure if you plan on using it as a commuter or a camping trip bike but bags are a biggie for me too. I bought these
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/20222/ITEM/Nelson-Rigg-Solar-SLR-30-Touring-Saddlebags.aspx

Future plans for my V anyways include: Heated grips, Home-made sliders, maybe a different exahust (big maybe), and some new bar ends/ clutch/frontbrake (may have fallen over in the parkinglot :rolleyes:)

Anything "Speedy's" is also good on the V too. Good luck! Oh and :welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Sw motech engine guards. They'll pay for themselves the first time you drop your bike.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks great! I really appreciate all the info and the pix. Just one thing... If you are 6' to 6'1" and the x-screen is full up, are you looking over the top edge of the combination shield or through it? I like the top edge to be slightly below my line of sight so I'm not looking through the shield. My current shield, the Givi, is max up but still at least an inch too short. I am 6' with the Seat Concepts seat mod which puts me about an inch taller. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks great! I really appreciate all the info and the pix. Just one thing... If you are 6' to 6'1" and the x-screen is full up, are you looking over the top edge of the combination shield or through it? I like the top edge to be slightly below my line of sight so I'm not looking through the shield. My current shield, the Givi, is max up but still at least an inch too short. I am 6' with the Seat Concepts seat mod which puts me about an inch taller. Thanks for all the info.
Heyyy, I'm 6'1 and have the seat concepts seat, and I look over the top of the X-Creen....

·
Registered
377 Posts
+2 Kiwi and twowheels, Barkbusters hand guards and SW motech engine protection ..fall down and ride away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts