Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the most part I really like the SC seat. The one complaint I have is the that the seat is too flat and make you feel like your on top of the bike instead of being a part of the bike. The one thing I miss about the old seat is the way you really feel connected to the V.

Has anyone tried to modify the SC seat by removing the flat area and creating a slight bucket area? Is it even possible with the existing cover? How would one go about shaving the area? Would a seat professional be a better person to attempt this? Where do you find a seat guy (google no luck)?

Don't need all the questions answered but just curious to see if I could improve the SC seat to my personal taste.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
rlj you can self mod the stock seat to your liking through the two holes under the seat and I think I have two threads on it. Its really simple! :thumb: :goodluck:

I don't see why you cann't mod that seat too. Its just foam! :thumb: Mold it to your liking!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive modified my stock seat and a few others. I use an electric knife to cut any substantial amount off and a 4" grinder with a flap wheel to do the fine contouring. Although if you cup the seat the seat cover will just lay across the top of the cupped area. I believe they glue those areas, something I haven't ventured into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts