Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,

Did somebody own this tipe od Mobilephone/GPS holder GIVI FB4114

If somebody own this, can you tell me is it OK, what is about vibration on that stuff, is there some problems or something other negative?

I wish to buy that, it is cheap if you compare with other holders, but I wish to heard reviews from somebody who own that before I choose to order it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
Vibration is part of the bike and no matter what mounting you use there will be vibration, only difference is the severity of it . I use a Motowerk mount for my GPS and has lasted over 9 years and no complaints , but it does vibrate a little.

If its cheap as you say , try it out and see how you can modify it to suit your use.:goodluck:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Isn't the phone too much in the way when mounted at that location?

I just put a Ram mount on the handle bar and have either a SW Motech (biologic) Galaxy S7 case or a Ram Mount aquabox on there.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know that vibration need to exsit, it is not car, but I wonder how hard are vibration. I think that this will have less vibration than option which I use now, mounted on handlebar. Also with this Givi I can place mobilephone in fron of my eyes, I don't need to loook down to see is here any speedcamera, and where I need to turn or stuff like that. Also this will be great for using mobilephone like safety camera (before I buy real camera)
I don't have anything to lose. This cost 45€ (shipping include in price), other are more expensive like 60-100 € without shipping. That is to expensive for me.
I will buy that so I will make review here after couple of usage.

Reactions: Mattias

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hola,

Did somebody own this tipe od Mobilephone/GPS holder GIVI FB4114

If somebody own this, can you tell me is it OK, what is about vibration on that stuff, is there some problems or something other negative?

I wish to buy that, it is cheap if you compare with other holders, but I wish to heard reviews from somebody who own that before I choose to order it.

Your best best is a RAM MOUNT X Grip or something similar.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That looks a little flimsy, to me, and while I'd really like a phone mount that puts my phone over the dash, but I'd want it in landscape mode (kind of like the GPS on an R1250GS), rather than portrait.

Somebody here, can't remember who, built a pretty simple over-the-dash bracket out of PVC. I'm thinking of doing something similar, and then attaching my Quad Lock holder to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Vibration is part of the bike and no matter what mounting you use there will be vibration, only difference is the severity of it . I use a Motowerk mount for my GPS and has lasted over 9 years and no complaints , but it does vibrate a little.

If its cheap as you say , try it out and see how you can modify it to suit your use.:goodluck:
do you use the riser one or the over the dash one? they look pretty sturdy.

·
Registered
242 Posts

did you drill your own holes or have them do it? seems like i could drill 4 holes for $20.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little update:

I buy this, work very well on GIVI GPS/Mobilephone holder.
After 1600 km test , no problem.
I didn't see this brand in my country before, but It is cheap and for now it is excelent.

https://www.lampa.it/en/articles/90...-calmp-o-9-14-mm?gr=3-53-53-0010-__53-0010-01
https://www.lampa.it/en/articles/90429-opti-case-universal-case-for-smarphone

Locking mechanism is good, and with case for smartphone, they give you strap, so you can connect extra that case with motorbike in case if clamp or some part break so you don't loose your mobilephone.

This 2 products cost me 30 $ total in moto shop.

Reactions: quexpress
1 - 10 of 10 Posts