Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
This flash should be available soon, with a caveat. Steve will be moving over the next 2-3 weeks so he will be tied up with that somewhat. I would suggest sending a PM for an update on when he will be shipping.

BTW, he now owns a Versys 1000 that he plans on playing with for possible/probable performance enhancement.

Disclosure: I've known and ridden with Steve for 12 years. I know him to be very customer focused and striving to do his best for his customers. And he is a helluva tuner. Plus he has a pretty cool sticker for your bike or tool box.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Disclosure: I've known and ridden with Steve for 12 years. I know him to be very customer focused and striving to do his best for his customers. And he is a helluva tuner. Plus he has a pretty cool sticker for your bike or tool box.
I owned a 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 about 5 years ago. It had similar rideability issues like the V-650 but much more so. The biggest one was the very sluggish low end performance.

All the guys on the Concours forum were raving about this Steve guy out in Florida, so I did some investigation. After visiting his web site and reading about his approach to tuning I sent him my ECU to be flashed. It was not cheap but certainly worth every penny.

The new flash absolutely transformed the sleepy Concours into an arm stretching, right off idle, machine. Although it had significantly more bottom end grunt and performance everywhere else too, it did not make the bike difficult to ride. It did just the opposite. The throttle response off of being shut was super smooth and predictable. I could not believe something as simple as doing a flash could yield such an amazing improvement.

Glad to hear the wait is almost over. I can already see the smiles this new flash will put on every face who decides to join the club.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yo, Steve-O!

Could you please provide a step by step instruction list for those of us that want this ECU flash from the far side of the continent/world over the cold & dark months?

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm not trying to just make the rider happy, I'm trying to keep the engine happy. This is what happens when you have decades as an engine builder and understand there are ways to protect the engine from unknowing owners. . Steve
I love this. A great example of having decades of experience at the helm. Book smart is one thing but there is no short cut or substitute for good o'l hands on experience.

Looking for a good surgeon? Think I will go with the older guy who has done 10,000 procedures.

Being a professional commercial pilot I have more that once heard forks say: "I always feel better when I see some gray hair in the cockpit."

Thanks Steve. I have deep respect for guys who have spent years in the trenches gaining hands on experience in the real world.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I love this. A great example of having decades of experience at the helm. Book smart is one thing but there is no short cut or substitute for good o'l hands on experience.

Looking for a good surgeon? Think I will go with the older guy who has done 10,000 procedures.

Being a professional commercial pilot I have more that once heard forks say: "I always feel better when I see some gray hair in the cockpit."

Thanks Steve. I have deep respect for guys who have spent years in the trenches gaining hands on experience in the real world.

I'll add to this...

I've seen/stood in Steve's shop. He has the tools and machines to successfully do what he does and his garage is organized and the tools are not scattered all over the place. Now, some might say this shouldn't matter (and I'm sure there are excellent mechanics that aren't necessarily organized) but to me, a neat shop tells me you're dealing with a person who is very "attention to detail" oriented. Take this for what it is, but I trust him and his product!

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is Steve's website?

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Well I got something thrown at me today, which wasn't in the old rules , this has been available on the forum for some time, for now I will post a link to a new Terms of Use thread.https://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus/tos.php?site=kawasakiversys.com

The area Admin. is zeroing in on is under the heading You May Not: Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Web Site, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.

In the past Thermo-Bob and Moto-Werks addresses were a known by most of the member and anyone that asked anyone of us would give the address

So if you do a google search you should find something under this>:)

Shoodaben Engineering

"The way things 'Shoodaben' done from the factory!"

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Anyone got any intel on when the looooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited super flash will be available for public consumption?

I may have to get one of these suits when I get "Flashed"...Lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
Anyone got any intel on when the looooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited super flash will be available for public consumption?

I may have to get one of these suits when I get "Flashed"...Lol.
Tim - I'd be VERY concerned as to WHO was "flashing" me...!

>:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well I do have a question - how would a generic ecu reflash be different than installing a Power Commander and adjusting the fuel mapping?

81 - 100 of 108 Posts