Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the coffee shop, I had a guy ask me if my Versys was a BMW (stickers all removed). I was greatly amused.

What cases of mistaken identity have YOU had?

·
Registered
744 Posts
My stickers are also removed .Had a guy on a Kawasaki concours ask me if it was a Ducati . Also had the mechanic at the inspection station ask if it was a v strom

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a robot try to have sex with mine........... he was very embarassed. The robot, not the bike.........my Versys doesn't usually show emotion.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Most of the time people just ask what it is, instead of trying to guess. So far I've been asked if it was a BMW or KTM after the decals were removed. I did have somebody ask if the V was made my Honda, while I still had the Kawa stickers on it. :rolleyes:

I had a robot try to have sex with mine........... he was very embarassed. The robot, not the bike.........my Versys doesn't usually show emotion.
Usually?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People ask me all the time who makes a Kermit. BMW is the usual guess for some reason.
:D

The Kermit...tell em it's Italian. I dare ya. See if you can do it straight-faced.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a con artist wearing Monster Energy shorts approach me after a nutritious Wendy's lunch and say, "Is that a Buell?" My stickers are still on the bike.

Then he wanted $$$ to get something to eat claiming he just got out of jail for beating up someone who slept with his wife.

I'm Asian, so I acted like I didn't understand him. Works every time.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had a con artist wearing Monster Energy shorts approach me after a nutritious Wendy's lunch and say, "Is that a Buell?" My stickers are still on the bike.

Then he wanted $$$ to get something to eat claiming he just got out of jail for beating up someone who slept with his wife.

I'm Asian, so I acted like I didn't understand him. Works every time.
That's a classic

·
Registered
842 Posts
I thought you were posting about our favourite vineyard on Salt Spring Island (where i have spent the past 10 days)

It is mistaken identity vineyards

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
"I come in a world of iron to make a world of gold." --Do you know this quote?
Why it can only be the Man of La Mancha himself ....Don Quixote !!!:thumb:

Do I win a prize??????

·
Registered
365 Posts
had a lady last wek tell me how much she liked my red Buell..told me she use to have a buell and missed it.....still have my factory decals on my bike

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine is often mistaken for a Ducati. Then again I'm not sure most Versys riders would recognize it for what it is.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine is often mistaken for a Ducati. Then again I'm not sure most Versys riders would recognize it for what it is.
That's because it resembles a ducati.

People mistake mine all the time. I had to show one guy my Kawasaki key to convince him it was a kawasaki.

I wish I knew why.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That's because it resembles a ducati.

People mistake mine all the time. I had to show one guy my Kawasaki key to convince him it was a kawasaki.

I wish I knew why.
I think it's the sidestand, it looks a bit Ducati-ish.

A motorcyclist saw me riding up to the restaurant where he was waiting outside. He asked me how I liked the BMW.
When I told him I really like it but it is a Kawasaki, he responded with great surprise "Huh? That's not an F800?". Ummm, no.

Versys:

BMW F800GS:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts