Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post here. I bought a new 2015 versys 650 when they came out and absolutely loved the colors of the white with the black and the red rear spring. I regrettably sold it in 2018 and wanted to buy another but Kawasaki hasn’t had that color scheme since. Has anyone heard anything about them bringing that color scheme back or does anyone have a rough estimate of how much it would cost to modify a new versys cosmetically to get it looking exactly like the 2015 (pearl white and red spring)?

·
Super Moderator
20,641 Posts
WELCOME aboard!

(Have you thought of replacing your '15 WHITE V650 w/ another - a used one?)

Here's MY favorite color scheme for a '15 V650....

IMG_0634 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
2011 Versys 650 and 2001 Bonneville 790
30 Posts
Hi everyone, first post here. I bought a new 2015 versys 650 when they came out and absolutely loved the colors of the white with the black and the red rear spring. I regrettably sold it in 2018 and wanted to buy another but Kawasaki hasn’t had that color scheme since. Has anyone heard anything about them bringing that color scheme back or does anyone have a rough estimate of how much it would cost to modify a new versys cosmetically to get it looking exactly like the 2015 (pearl white and red spring)?
I've looked into changing the color of my White 2011 V650 to perhaps Lime Green or Orange. I've been told vinyl wrapping will not work on some of the panels so that would leave re-painting. I got a quote from a local Tucson shop that specializes in motorcycle painting. They said about $400 to re-paint the (4) plastic panels (front fairing and rear tail pieces) and the fuel tank. That seems a bit low to me but is a point of reference. Good luck.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ebay might be your friend. There are always some Gen 3 body parts from wrecked bikes being parted out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2015 definitely had the best colors for the Gen 3 Versys 650. I'm partial to green, but I totally get the appeal of the white. The best option would be finding someone with a 2015 white versys that wants to trade parts with you. Short of that, you can try modifying, wrapping, painting, etc. or look for used parts. The parts should be available new from Kawasaki, but that's going to be pricey ($230 for front cowl, $809 fuel tank, $893 for rear shock with red spring, etc.)

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
You could see if you can still order the color matched parts from Kawasaki and just do a part swap.

I looked into this for the 2nd gen Versys and at the time it was around $600. Very reasonable IMO. Then you could sell the parts you replace and recoup some of your money.

Or, find someone with a '15 that wants to swap parts because they are ready for something different.

·
Super Moderator
20,641 Posts
...2015 definitely had the best colors for the Gen 3 Versys 650....
When I bought my '15 V650, as far as I knew - the colors were either green or black, but that MIGHT be just in Canada.

·
Registered
545 Posts
When I was shopping for my Versys in 2015, my first choice was a white LT but I couldn't find one anywhere. By 2016, I gave up the search for that specific bike and bought an ABS model in green, which I call Biohazard Green. It grew on me.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
What state are you in. I really don't like the white on my 2018. What color do you have now? I'd swap if it is feasible.
He hasn't been seen since he posted last in this thread. Might want to send him a PM. I get the impression that he doesn't currently own a Versys, but your offer might get him to buy one so you can try and persuade him to buy the color you are interested in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve got the 2020 versys 650. If you don’t know, it only came in one color combo for 2020, Pearl white and graphite. Looks like a police bike to be honest. I really don’t like it but I’m a Autobody painter so I thought I’ll just paint it the color I want. That was about 2 years ago. It’s still white.
I love the 2016 dark. Black/graphite.
So, some day…maybe.

·
Registered
2018 Versys 650 LT
13 Posts
I’ve got the 2020 versys 650. If you don’t know, it only came in one color combo for 2020, Pearl white and graphite. Looks like a police bike to be honest. I really don’t like it but I’m a Autobody painter so I thought I’ll just paint it the color I want. That was about 2 years ago. It’s still white.
I love the 2016 dark. Black/graphite.
So, some day…maybe.
Ha, same here. I always thought I was just going to paint it blue or green and here I am still riding around my "Euro Cop" bike. I don't know maybe it's growing on me!
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts