Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about ready to just rip 'em off! to scared to try and tighten them b/c when i lifted the rubber boots to view the bolts they're already mangled. i know nothing is perfect and aside from the notorious V buzz she's been a blast to own. ok done with my rant just disappointed. but if this is all i have to deal with i'm thankful. it could be worse...

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'm about ready to just rip 'em off! to scared to try and tighten them b/c when i lifted the rubber boots to view the bolts they're already mangled. i know nothing is perfect and aside from the notorious V buzz she's been a blast to own. ok done with my rant just disappointed. but if this is all i have to deal with i'm thankful. it could be worse...
I have a brand new set of stockers with about 30 miles on them for sale if you're interested.... I also have a set of Zrx stockers that would work... let me know... :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got my replacement mirrors yesterday from Sam here on the forum and they rock! No buzzing/vibration or shaking up well beyond the legal speed limit. Best investment yet, I can highly recommend. If you are a larger rider you might want to get mirror extenders but for me they work just fine and look great. I would say to anyone get a set and get rid of the stock crap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
gotta +2 on the aprilia mirrors,bought some after trying to find something local . for sure worth the money and very solid at any speed

·
Registered
34 Posts
Take the mirrors off and remove the black nut from the Crome one. Look up inside and you will see a little nut that should be tightened and drip some BLUE thread lock on it. Put it all back together and this will solve your loose mirror problem. It will not fix the blurry mirror issue though.

·
Registered
417 Posts
What Type of Mirrors?, Which Sam?

Just got my replacement mirrors yesterday from Sam here on the forum and they rock! No buzzing/vibration or shaking up well beyond the legal speed limit. Best investment yet, I can highly recommend..
What mirrors are these? Who is Sam?:feedback:
:thanx:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Some months ago one of the forum members posted a message and photos concerning KTM Super Duke mirrors. The author was very pleased and the mirrors looked good in his pictures.

I bought a pair (and the two adapters necessary to fit them to anything other than a KTM) and am very pleased. They extend outward farther than the stock mirrors, they're easy to adjust (and stay adjusted) and they don't vibrate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I broke the threaded shaft one of my stock mirrors. Coming this week they are going in the trash and being replaced with 10" black stemmed round mirrors. I always had issues with my stockers coming loose, they vibrated a ton anyways.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Some months ago one of the forum members posted a message and photos concerning KTM Super Duke mirrors. The author was very pleased and the mirrors looked good in his pictures.

I bought a pair (and the two adapters necessary to fit them to anything other than a KTM) and am very pleased. They extend outward farther than the stock mirrors, they're easy to adjust (and stay adjusted) and they don't vibrate.
+1 on the KTM mirrors. This was one of the first changes to my V and one of the best. I imagine it was some 18 months ago and when I ride another V with the narrow, buzzy mirrors I remember why I did it. Frog

·
Registered
212 Posts
Aprillia Tuono mirrors are the answer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree - Aprilla Tuono mirrors work very well! Almost no vibration, rock steady. I added Motowerk's vibration dampening handlebar riser and the combination is really nice! :exactly:

·
Registered
28 Posts
tried the bikemaster ovals before i bought my tuono mirrors they sucked bad. the mounts don't move the mirror part out far enough ,saw more of my shoulder than with the stock ones.and the quality was poor

·
Registered
303 Posts
I love my bar ends. And how the bike cleans up after removing the stockers.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Best mirror options:

1. Sam Benions mirrors - strongest, best looking, no vibes
2. Aprillia Mirrors - anything italian is good. ;)
3. Z1000 Mirrors - OEM but lightyears ahead of the junk they put on the V. Anything from Kawasaki is suspect though. :D

Most of the stuff on ebay is crap unless it's one of the above.

They are all about the same price - a cheap fix for a nagging problem.
I'm sure the KTM ones are fine, but why 'adapt' them when you can get great ones ready to go?

I tightened my stockers and got by with them for 2 years. But having vibration-free mirrors is like, well, what was I thinking? Just being cheap I guess. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts