1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
129 Posts
SOme cool mirrors - you would never see even 1/4 of those in America.. I got the extenders from the Chinese guy on ebay and they work great and are very well made. Just search for mirror extender - something like that and look for Hong Kong for the source - or was it China? I forget.

Les

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the link Jerry.
I flipped through the catalog briefly. They have a great selection. Changing the mirrors wil be one of my future projects.
Some of my beefs about mirrors are the
1)vibration at highway speeds,
2) when I adjust them the arm swings at the handle bar mount,
3) my mirror adjustments get thrown of every time I put my bike cover on, which is after every time I ride and lastly
4) the mirrors are not verstile... I change my riding position at high speeds by tucking, but with the mirrors in their current position, I find myself, having to sit up and move my head to the side to check my mirrors.

These will form some of the requirements for my new mirror solution

Cheers,
Colin

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you should add:

5) Dorky

to your list of problems with the stock mirrors.

When I bought the bike I figured the mirrors were ugly but would be functional.

Nope, just ugly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dang Jim! Those are fantastic looking! But pricey - oh my.

I bet that aerodynamic trellis would help me go faster though :)

Les, DFW

·
Registered
496 Posts
I bet that aerodynamic trellis would help me go faster though :)

Les, DFW
HaHaHa!! :D

Actually, they will fit. We just need to take the funky adapters off the OEM 10mm threaded bosses. Looks like any 10mm right hand threaded mirrors will work on the Versys once the adapters are removed.

Agreed these mirrors are pricey. Nice looking though!

Take care,
Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
They do look slick. This weekend I tried a set of bar and mirrors but not the CRG round styled I picked up a set of rectangular ones. I put them on and they looked a little strange but I kept an open mind and did a quick run around the block and the view was very wide and all seemed cool except the optics seemed a little odd. Took off for a longer ride the next day and the opics where wierd and anoying, they vibrated bad which compounded the problem, the deal breaker was I just could get used to droping my eyes that low. So the stock mirrors are back on and I will keep looking. Sitting on the bike with no mirrors has me thinking that this bike might work well with fairing mounts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the crg's. I have the style that fold out of the way. I know they cost but the cheap ones are baaad. have them on two different bikes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was just thinking fairing mount maybe the solution. I wonder if anyone has tried this yet. I want to ensure the mount is sturdy enough so that it does not get torn off the fairing and the vibration is minimal at high speed. I will need to think about this a little more.

Cheers,
Colin

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was just thinking fairing mount maybe the solution. I wonder if anyone has tried this yet. I want to ensure the mount is sturdy enough so that it does not get torn off the fairing and the vibration is minimal at high speed. I will need to think about this a little more.

Cheers,
Colin
When I have had them off they sure seemed pretty solid. No doubt they would need a backing plate. When I was just sitting on the bike and lettting my eyes just scan naturally they seem to have a great view out along side the windshield while keeping forward view up. I am trying to think of ways to experiment without drilling the fairing....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts