Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have had several threads on this issue, but...
I have noticeable mirors vibration and am looking at ways to reduce/eliminate it. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I went with the Z1000 Mirrors and the Moto Werk Anti-Vibe Bar Risers and that worked great for me. Until i dropped my bike in the garage and broke a mirror. Had a cheap set for back up i got off ebay not as good as the Z mirrors but work better than stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know this is not super helpful, but I find that once I get the RPM's to 4,500 the vibrations smooth right out and I can see fine with the stock mirrors.

Another approach, I heard of some people putting rubber washers between the handlebar mount hole and the thread. Worth a shot.
-Rap

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've had a few friends over the years who have used some small adhesive wheel weights in the outside corners of their mirrors with some success. If you have some laying around, try and let us know what happened.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I know we have had several threads on this issue, but...
I have noticeable mirors vibration and am looking at ways to reduce/eliminate it. Suggestions?
"but..." Why is your vibration different than all the other threads you found on how to eliminate the issue? Maybe starting a new thread will offer different results! :stickpoke:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The anti-vibe handle bar riser from Motowerk did the trick for me. It also brings the handlebars a little closer and makes for a more comfortable riding position.

I posted two short video clips, before and after installing the anti-vibe riser. I set my camera on a tripod and focused on a mirror. You can tell there is noticeably less mirror vibration in the "after" video.

Here's a link to the videos:

Before
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timfarmerphoto/7174038718/

After
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timfarmerphoto/7174040326/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking for a fix too - my mirrors were totally vibration free, until some jacka$$ clipped my left side while parked and totalled the mirror. I could only get a newer model replacement, which vibrates like CRAZY!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
"but..." Why is your vibration different than all the other threads you found on how to eliminate the issue? Maybe starting a new thread will offer different results! :stickpoke:
+1 nothing wrong with new threads!

What year V? I have never had that a problem? :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts