Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see it all the time people changing lanes without checking their mirrors. The GirlFriend had a front row seat this day....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I see it all the time people changing lanes without checking their mirrors. The GirlFriend had a front row seat this day....
I think a lot of it is that people don't know how to adjust them properly and end up with blind spots.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a lot of it is that people don't know how to adjust them properly and end up with blind spots.

True but i think most just don't look...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Any time I'm in a situation as the black civic was(lane to my left, approaching a big slow vehicle on my right), I would preemptively move left just in case that would happen. Avoids a lot of BS! Comes with the experience.

He had a free lane to the left (albeit closely following a truck [which he could then move back over after passing the big rig to his right]). If paying proper attention, you would have noticed that grey car to the right, and MUST assume that said grey car will maneuver recklessly.

When on bike, I would be hugging that left white line, which would basically allow that car to fully make that same mistake without hitting me.

That second video, the truck should've had a mental image of who was coming up behind him. People are too occupied with other things, or just staring straight ahead.. I am looking in my mirrors and around with my head almost more often than straight ahead! Again, as you saw someone go around that slow, left-lane-hogging Honda Element, you must assume the truck is next to follow. Preemptively move right, like the van did. There's free territory over to your right!

Yes, people are dumb as hell. This is why I want a camera in my car and LLV every day to protect me when someone does **** like this. You must get videos like this often. Be safe!

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any time I'm in a situation as the black civic was(lane to my left, approaching a big slow vehicle on my right), I would preemptively move left just in case that would happen. Avoids a lot of BS! Comes with the experience.

He had a free lane to the left (albeit closely following a truck [which he could then move back over after passing the big rig to his right]). If paying proper attention, you would have noticed that grey car to the right, and MUST assume that said grey car will maneuver recklessly.

When on bike, I would be hugging that left white line, which would basically allow that car to fully make that same mistake without hitting me.

That second video, the truck should've had a mental image of who was coming up behind him. People are too occupied with other things, or just staring straight ahead.. I am looking in my mirrors and around with my head almost more often than straight ahead! Again, as you saw someone go around that slow, left-lane-hogging Honda Element, you must assume the truck is next to follow. Preemptively move right, like the van did. There's free territory over to your right!

Yes, people are dumb as hell. This is why I want a camera in my car and LLV every day to protect me when someone does **** like this. You must get videos like this often. Be safe!

The reason i put one of my old cameras in the GF's car was in 2012 she was on the 91 almost to Corona. A Big Rig lost a tire it hit a car flew up into the air and landed on the front of her car. Total Loss if it would have came back a few feet it would have landed on her. There are a lot of wrecks in that area so there are video cameras around there. The cop that come to the accident saw the whole thing on the camera before he got to her. The same tire also took out 2 more cars after hitting her.

390308_2672953497588_746487557_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how the heck did you hit that sign? haha. I had to watch that trailer lose it's tires 4 times before it wasn't funny anymore.

I took my eyes off where i was headed and looked to the guy to my left. :badidea:

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3 times! Geemonitz! Are torque wrenches outlawed out there too?

Once in Texas....Once in Missouri and the third here in Cali..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts