Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Kay, here's the question from a bona fide Versys newbe:

When I bought the bike it ham mirrors loosened and folded. I took the wind shield off to rotate them freely. One mirror screws in ok, the stalk sticking out under a right angle. The other one rotates to a halt and stops under a wong angle, and no matter how much I tinker with the screw (or a contrascrew), it yields little to no result. The bike was not dropped or damaged, I just don't get this concept of adjusting the mirror stalks.

Help!

How do I go about it?:dgi:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
i had the same problem. remove your mirrors and theres a 10mm bolt insidethe larger outer bolt thingy tighten it and they wont spin as much.
i added some plumbers tape to mine

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
if that doesn't work you can use a crush washer (soft metal or plastic) or lock washer to alter the number of threads that screw in which will change the rotation pitch.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
What's a crush washer??? Lost in translation here, sorry!
A crush washer is made of very soft aluminum and sometimes copper. When tightened, the nut will deform (crush) the washer and the irregularity will prevent the nut from loosening from vibration.

Copper crush washers can be re-used by annealing, which means heating until cherry red then quenching in water. Aluminum crush washers are for one-time use and should be replaced if the nut is removed during maintenance.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
What's a crush washer??? Lost in translation here, sorry!
a metal gasket like on your oil plug
but also like the name imply its a washer that crushes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts