Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my motowerk mirror extenders yesterday and got out for a ride today and what a difference. I can see behind myself as well as into the lanes beside me and no longer have to move my head around like a bobblehead to do so. Now I can see why people list these as among their favorite mods. Why in the world Kawasaki doesn't make them like this stock is beyond me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Installed my motowerk mirror extenders yesterday and got out for a ride today and what a difference. I can see behind myself as well as into the lanes beside me and no longer have to move my head around like a bobblehead to do so. Now I can see why people list these as among their favorite mods. Why in the world Kawasaki doesn't make them like this stock is beyond me.
I have them too. However, I still look before I go.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Everything I bought from Motowerks has been top floor!

I did slap a pair of Aprilia mirrors on and that got me enough. Funny thing I put the Versys mirrors on my KLR and have even better view than any mirrors on any bike I've ever owned.

I also still give a "Head Check" before changing lanes...even in the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, one of the best things I've heard about mirrors is that they only say "No!" and never "Yes". That is, they can never tell you if it is safe to change lanes, only if it is not safe. To tell if it is safe, you must do a head check, for any number of obvious reasons.

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
I had Speedy's extenders on both my Vs till I got the Tuono mirrors, then sold the set from my AZ V to a friend. Realized later that I still needed them, so got a set off E-bay that extend AND raise the mirrors (slightly). VERY nice...!

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
I considered extenders too..... but being a former KLR rider (I am cheap)

I remembered the mirrors served me well, and they have a wider arm and I like the roundy-glass too. They look like Moose ears, but it serves as a bond to my KLR roots...

I paid about $58 bucks for the pair shipped, they are twice that from a DEALER.... look online.

I think the extenders I looked at were $74 so I went this route.

It pitches them well out beyond my shoulders, no prob., way wider than stock.

Just my unstable spin on the situation. :blah:

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Hi Mickey Moose

I considered extenders too..... but being a former KLR rider (I am cheap)

I remembered the mirrors served me well, and they have a wider arm and I like the roundy-glass too. They look like Moose ears, but it serves as a bond to my KLR roots...

I paid about $58 bucks for the pair shipped, they are twice that from a DEALER.... look online.

I think the extenders I looked at were $74 so I went this route.

It pitches them well out beyond my shoulders, no prob., way wider than stock.

Just my unstable spin on the situation. :blah:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
so far the only thing i dont like about the mirrors as stock is that once i hit 80+mph the left mirror starts turning in on me..... ive tightened the bolt once already but i might tighten it more or maybe put the mirrors from my sv650ss on it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone else had a problem with the mirrors buzzing/rattling sound really bad! At lower rpms especially. It's only my left one, and if I just reach up and barely touch it, it goes away.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Anyone else had a problem with the mirrors buzzing/rattling sound really bad! At lower rpms especially. It's only my left one, and if I just reach up and barely touch it, it goes away.
Yes, my left mirror shook the glass right out of it. I replaced both mirrors with Tuono units. After a while the left side glass was loose too. I ran a bead of silicone around the perimeter and that holds it nicely. Did the same for the right side after a while as it too loosened.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Have you tried the old "Fill the bars with lead shot" trick? Just buy some bird shot at the hunting store, for reloading your own, and fill the bars with it. Always helped on the 2 stroke dirt bikes when they would about buzz your hands to sleep.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Have you tried the old "Fill the bars with lead shot" trick? Just buy some bird shot at the hunting store, for reloading your own, and fill the bars with it. Always helped on the 2 stroke dirt bikes when they would about buzz your hands to sleep.
Just bought the vibration dampening riser from speedy. fixed 2 problems with one purchase. 3 if you include the mirror vibs.

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
Even w/ Tuono mirrors my left mirror vibes MORE than the right one, but WAY-Y-Y better than stock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I filter a lot. So I have the extenders pointing forwards rather than out. The mirrors being further away from me extends the field of vision without making the bike wider.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Another mirror option is the Doubletake mirror. I have 'em on the WR250X. They are very tough, don't vibrate and can be easily adjusted on the fly or rotated in for clearance. The is also the option of using different length Ram Mount arms for more extension. I am using the shortest arm and have plenty.

I also tried the KTM folding mirrors. Kinda wobbly but O.K. and good quality. Doubletake are better.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts