Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Man...you would think after the Chile experience we would learn....let´s hope they find these people alive and well.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This mine does have two exit points and is not deep like the chille mine but was a big explosion, there is some sort of portal shaft and where it comes out the trees are charred and a hut has been moved off it foundation according to reports.

Last major mine disaster her was 1967, the mine is 1.3 km into the earth

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
O...MG!!!! and Bloody 'ell!!! :( :( :(
Lets hope they found safe cover and are awaiting rescue.
fairly speechless at this point:(....

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What's the status on the miners? news here in the states say two walked out...
hopeful for the best....Karma working overtime.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's the status on the miners? news here in the states say two walked out...
hopeful for the best....Karma working overtime.
Two walked out not long after the explosion, the rest have not be heard from, now about 36 hrs past, methane and coal dust not a good mix and is to dangerous to even attemp a rescue from what I have heard at the moment. They do not even know what part of the mine they are in. Its really, really tough on those families as this is a tight knit community over there. its 3am here so a lot may not happen till daytime sunday

·
Registered
959 Posts
As it was a coal mine, and a methane explosion rather than an earthquake I fear for those families waiting in hope. maybe they are surviving somewhere but it could be tricky to get tot hem as the cause of the incident is (potentailly) ever present in a coal mine

IIRC the two who walked out were close to the surface and the surfacer side of the explosion.

Still y'never know, lets hoep they do survive and do get out of there

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your people have our prayers, my friend.

V-Zee
Cheers to all who give them your prayers, from what i understand they are drilling a hole for better air samples using Australian drilling equipment, the current samples are not safe for a rescue which is really heart breaking to see a dad on tv saying just let me go in but my understanding it is still a lethal environment.

It was not a cave in or quake but a gas explosion and if you see the blast the scorched the trees around vents on surface its not a good situation and without sounding negative but its just under 48hrs since explosion and they have not heard to if they all walk out we are into the miracle realm and i pray it turns out so.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Here's to those who toil in anonymity till disaster strikes. This is heartbreaking news, keep hoping for the best.

Bob

1 - 20 of 39 Posts