Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here...Hello..

Dealer has offered me a even trade for a 08 New Versys for my 00 Hayabusa with 23,000 miles, 4-2-1, custom seat, BLue /Silver all in very good condition..

My situation is, I have a 02 R1, so I dont need another fast motorcycle..The riding position has just taken its toll on me..I am 50...

I have a Ninja 08 250 for back and forth to the shop, few blocks away, that I just love..Great machine..

The roads around here are getting worse and worse as time goes by..The riding position as far as seat center to handlebars is very close on the Versys that makes it fit me just right..Rode one 10 miles today and just loved it..

Shifting the Versys was alittle sticky, but I assume it will get better with time..The power is plenty for me..

He is giving me retail for my Busa and with no sales tax, It will cost me 80 bucks lic and title fee to trade..

Think I am gonna do it..

·
Registered
813 Posts
It seems like you are more than covered in the sport bike dept, so I would take the trade... plus really, it's an 8 year difference on those bikes which alone is an awesome deal for you!

So...
Welcome to our little club! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great trade, I love not spending any money to get a new something!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had an '01 Busa w/all the mods. I'd do the swap for the V, if that's what you're looking for. Awesome public road bike! You'll love it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That sounds like a great trade to me! I have a 2005 Gixxer 1000 that I ride exclusively (just about) on the track. For me the Versys is perfect. Just hop on and ride with a perfect riding position.

You may not even need the Baby Ninja anymore.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I did not get the Versys..I made the mistake and rode the Triumph Tiger 1025....

I traded for the Tiger for $3500....Had to do it ..

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Tiger is an excellent bike and I was going to actually buy one before riding the Versys. Congrats on the new bike! It's a great bike.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have an '07 Tiger 1050. It's a great bike. Just keep an eye on the tranny and suspension (especially the shock.). I think you'll be well pleased, if those don't bother you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The trans shifted alot better than the Kaw and the suspension seems very good also..I dont see having any real issues with the bike..More money means more motorcycle usually..

The Versys was gonna be it, till I rode the 1050..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have R1's and have had a Busa... I would do it in a HEARTBEAT! Stop reading this thread and go get your Versys!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought a Tiger guys..He made me a deal...The Versys was gonna be it, but I rode that damn Tiger and it was all over..

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you like the suspension, and your tranny's good, you'll love it. It's top-heavy and bulky compared to the V. But power, refinement, and smoothness are big pluses. Nothing is free. Enjoy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still love the 08 Tiger..No regrets..What a great motorcycle..For the more money it cost over the Versys, well it should be..I do not want to take anything away from the Versys, but the Tiger is for me..I am lov`in it..All grins..and soo comfortable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I almost bought a Tiger too, but my local dealer support was sketchy at best. And I had heard to many horror stories about waiting months for parts. Congrats on the new bike!!! :)

Todd

1 - 20 of 44 Posts