1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
748 Posts
When Harley discontinued the line. Some dealerships were selling the buell1125's for $4999.00. I should have bought one.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
A friend has a buell ulysis. He loves it but has spent 10x the amount time on maintenance that the Versys requires. It vibrates like a HD and generates heat between your legs. Suspension is higher spec than the Versys though and it has a lower center of gravity.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had an S1 White Lightening back in the day. It did fantastic wheelies but nothing else. I'm sure the latest version is a completely different beast. What about parts availability?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Had an XB12ss (Lightning Long) for a couple of years. Was a lot of fun to ride, but riddled with issues. Just putting around town, died. Dug into it and found the power cable to the starter worn through and ground out. Always ALWAYS got super hot and became a dog until I added big ass air scoops to the front to keep it cool(er). Everything was always rattling loose. Lock-tite.... no match for the earthquake know as BUELL!!! Parts were a mother to get ahold of. But man, did that think look AMAZING!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sad to see this happen. I had a XB12SST and loved/hated it. It never left me on the side of the road and I had one recall for a clutch cable guide?!? to be replaced. BUT it got so hot in summer I could not stand to ride it at times. So I bought a KLR, it did leave me the side of the road with a shorted wire...in the rain no less!

Once I got the suspension on the Buell set up right for me it was a flat out beast on the back roads. Click into 3rd gear and forget about shifting, it just slows you down, and be careful not to grab too big of a handful as the bike makes 75% of it power at 2000 rpm and up! It'd just about explode out of a turn and by the time the faster bikes were catching up the next turn was there. On the track I was road kill though as I ran out of top end at about 130.

Eric and crew will be missed by the faithful.

The Beast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts