·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MicroPlace investments
Money talks.
What do your investments say about you?

Your MicroPlace investment celebrates your compassion and generosity and
is a powerful statement of your hopes and dreams for the world.
It helps to finance projects that enable the impoverished to cope with their unpredictable incomes and move from survival to planning for their future.

INVEST as little as 20$ via PayPal

“I do not want to talk about what you understand about the world. I want to know what you will do about it. I do not want to know what you hope. I want to know what you will work for. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle”
--Robert Fulghum

·
Registered
687 Posts
It's a link to an organization which provides small loans to individuals in developing countries so they can start businesses, thereby allowing them to earn a better living. It's a very worthwhile and successful initiative. A bit unusual that it's showing up on a motorcycle website, but I'm cool with that. Hey, if people can talk about guns ad nauseum here why not a little micro finance?:thumb:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Exactly Mt. Versuvius
And although the MicroPlace investments are not guaranteed they supposed to be paid back with interest that is generally greater than ordinary bank rates. (varies 0-5%)

It's a link to an organization which provides small loans to individuals in developing countries so they can start businesses, thereby allowing them to earn a better living. It's a very worthwhile and successful initiative. A bit unusual that it's showing up on a motorcycle website, but I'm cool with that. Hey, if people can talk about guns ad nauseum here why not a little micro finance?:thumb:
MicroPlace investments
Money talks.
What do your investments say about you?

Your MicroPlace investment celebrates your compassion and generosity and
is a powerful statement of your hopes and dreams for the world.
It helps to finance projects that enable the impoverished to cope with their unpredictable incomes and move from survival to planning for their future.

INVEST as little as 20$ via PayPal

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks for the link cmoreride, a very good idea eh!
As long as they don't go around breaking legs to get us our cash back!
What the banks are paying up here in interest is next to criminal. 0.25%:cheers:

·
Registered
764 Posts
yea at first i was like " oh he!! no he didnt!" (imagining i had long hair and shaking my head back and forth lol)

but then i read it and I would much rather this come up in the forum then what we get invovled in sometimes.

I think the key to that companies success will be transparency, people are naturally suspicious and will want to know where every penny is going.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I heard about this type of organization a while back, and found the idea intriguing.
I already make small regular donations to many charitable organizations. The one that's the most rewarding is child sponsorship.
Because I have money "sitting around" this gives me an opportunity to put the money to work for hopefully good causes.
The VDO stated the average investor account is 300$.

It's very important this good idea does not end up hurting those it's supposed to help
or misleading and or cheating the folks trying to help.

FYI check out the VDO's above regarding
light from water bottles
and
kid powered water pumps.

yea at first i was like " oh he!! no he didn't!" (imagining i had long hair and shaking my head back and forth lol)

but then i read it and I would much rather this come up in the forum then what we get involved in sometimes.

I think the key to that companies success will be transparency, people are naturally suspicious and will want to know where every penny is going.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wow, I was very intrigued about the water bottles lights and kid powered water pumps. Thanks for the video attachments.

"Necessity is the mother of invention".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts