Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
What part of the state? It's a big place as most states go. I'll be riding through near Detroit this weekend. I'm going around Lake Erie for my Labor Day Ride. I'll be staying in Luna Pier overnight on Saturday.

I'm originally from Grand Rapids. Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm located about 15 minutes south of Detroit. A friend and I are loosely planning an early morning ride in the countryside south of where I live. No specific destination yet. We were talking at work today, and we were thinking of getting on the road around 7:00-7:30am, and going for a two hour cruise. Luna Pier is about 40 miles south of me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm between Howell & Lansing near I-96, just tring to get an idea of how many "V's" in the area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my bike in Howell. I'm taking it back this friday for its 600 mile service. Great dealership at Howell powesports.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live near Jackson, but heard some good things about that dealer. I just got my first service done by them. They got rid of that dreaded buzz from the dash, changed the oil, checked the valves and charged an outragous amount.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did they do to get rid of the buzz and what did they charge for all that, I normally do everything my self, checking the valve lash I can do, but getting to them on these newer bikes seem a bit more challenging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They put a very tiny piece of rubber in the center on top of the light. He said he also but some stripping on when he took off the red side panels. I believe they did this for free but charged me a whopping $240 for the 1st service. I don't believe I will be taking it back to have them service the bike again unless its warrenty work. I was told they get $80 an hour. Wow!

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's a small world

No kidding? I'm in Taylor too. I live near Mortenview and Ecorse. Where abouts are you located?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.