Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone had seen, but Michelin recently introduced the Pilot Road 3 street tire. I was a fan of both the PR1's and PR2's and had a pair of both.

Please find article here.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're killing me over here Rick!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't get the deja vu comment. Was there already a thread on this?

Anyway, I'm not surprised. With the PS3 replacing the PS2, it just makes sense they'd have a PR3 come along.

I imagine that's what I'll get when it's time to replace mine (already had to replace the stock rear because of a nail, and got the PR2).

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I don't get the deja vu comment. Was there already a thread on this?

Anyway, I'm not surprised. With the PS3 replacing the PS2, it just makes sense they'd have a PR3 come along.

I imagine that's what I'll get when it's time to replace mine (already had to replace the stock rear because of a nail, and got the PR2).
He & I were discussing this very topic on another forum earlier that same day...

:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Very nice looking tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
looking at a couple of different sites it appears the smallest rear tire right now is a 170/60. I believe stock is 160/60. Do you think there would be any clearence issues? looking at the swing arm and exhaust it would have to be very tight.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I can't answer that. But, if I was buying just now, I'd look for sales on the PR2s. I think Motorcycle Superstore is discounting them. Wear them out and then get a reasonable price on the PR3s after they've been out for a bit. :yeahsmile: And then wear those out because it's just too much damn fun!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I really like the looks of them, not that it matters. I just put a set of PR2s on mine before I parked it for the winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts