Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what a nice upgrade. I just put Michelin Pilot 4's on and replaced the Pireli Mt60's that were on the bike when I bought it. The Mt 60's lasted 2800 miles. I look forward to many good miles on the Michelin's.

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
i finally went down to my liveing room and looked at mine i have michel pilot powers front and rear :) there really really good in the dry and go as far as ive noticed in the wet (havent rode in rain a ton

·
Registered
549 Posts
I like the pr4
My mileages so far on them
front / 8081 and still going strong
rear / 6171 miles tread left
rear / 8081 completely bald in the middle

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did 80 miles so far. They are still slippery so I shall ride more tomorrow. Very smooth ride. The Kawi dealer/owner runs these on his Versys and Concourse and stated he has been very impressed with the wear and wet and dry performance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did another 180 miles today on the new rubber. Lots of twisties. I think they are now broke in. The feel good. Smooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I bought my Versys last month I met the seller in a parking lot. After we made the deal he opens is trunk and pulls out the stock windscreen a cover and a brand new set PR4. He said these go with the bike. Jack pot for me. Have not installed them yet. Still a lot of life on the old ones.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
When I bought my Versys last month I met the seller in a parking lot. After we made the deal he opens is trunk and pulls out the stock windscreen a cover and a brand new set PR4. He said these go with the bike. Jack pot for me. Have not installed them yet. Still a lot of life on the old ones.
lol it was the other way around for my V deal i gave the guy a new set michel tires center stand new chain spare blinkers and alarm system ..
i got stock wind screen ,oil filter , and shop book. tires had only 200(i think) miles on them and showed it (HUGEEEE) chicken strips lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great Deal

Tires alone are worth $350. You got a great deal.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Rocky mountain atv
pr4 2 rears 1 front shipped to my door $$432.97

120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 4 Radial Front Motorcycle Tire Part # 1487060002 $122.99 In Stock Ships immediately Heavy/Oversize $122.99
160/60ZR-17 (69W) Michelin Pilot Road 4 Radial Rear Motorcycle Tire Part # 1487070002 $154.99 In Stock Ships immediately Heavy/Oversize $154.99

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MT60 Tires

The MT 60's stick like glue on wet or dry pavement. Very confidence inspiring when pushing it. I was just shocked at the quick wear. I am sure they will be good of road.

·
Registered
577 Posts
nice tires

what a difference after riding on worn out scorpion trails. the p4 is such a easy turning, linear tire. no abrupt fall in, light bar pressure is all I need.
tires actually took no weight to balance, that's either luck or quality. either way it's all good.

Jakewilson.com has some ridiculously good pricing on these....

·
Registered
456 Posts
The MT 60's stick like glue on wet or dry pavement. Very confidence inspiring when pushing it. I was just shocked at the quick wear. I am sure they will be good of road.
The MT60s in Versys size are meant for motards, they have the thread pattern of the dual sport MT60 but are basically a soft compound sportbike tire. As a matter of fact, Pireli considers the dual sport MT60 and the Versys sized MT60 two different tires:

MT60 for dual purpose:

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/motorcycle/sheet/mt_60.html?url=?subtype=off-road

MT60 RS Corsa - Versys sized MT60:

"Special Superbike racing compound capable of maximising grip and road holding for a pleasant riding sensation."

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/motorcycle/sheet/mt_60_rs_corsa.html?url=?subtype=off-road

That's why the MT60 on the Versys will wear SO FAST, it's a single soft compound tire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts