Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a dilemma, I already have an MX5, but "think" I may rather have a Wing for long distance touring.
I already have the Versys & an old truck that gets me around town (wouldn't trust it to get very far though at 250k mls on the clock)

The Miata will obviously bring a smile to our faces (this is a me'n'er thang!) & keep us dry when needed, but the Wing will also give a greater sense of adventure...............what do you guys think?

PS, it's a "one or the other" situation & I'm not asking about other touring alternatives thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Definitely the Miata

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I bought a Pontiac Solstice in August of 2013. I thought it might wean me off my motorcycle addiction a little bit. I drove it 20,000 miles in 18 months and all the way to El Paso, TX, Pax River, MD, and Florida. Drove the entire BRP, many of the coastal roads in Florida, the mountains of NM.

I liked having my wife beside me instead of behind me, but in the end the Solstice was taking away from riding time and it had to go.

I would go for the wing. The new anniversary black, red, and silver wing is the best one I have ever seen.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great replies guys!!!
How much do those Solstace's cost?
I can't justify buying a new 'Wing no matter how good they look!
The old 'Wing I looked at yesterday afternoon was in great condition for it's age but the previous owner had added these aftermarket floor boards that you had to take you foot OFF to reach the bloody rear brake pedal!
I'm going to look at another one later today, & funnily enough when l was coming home with the top down on the MX5 there was a slight whining noise coming from the gearbox when it was idling in neutral, but went when l depressed the clutch pedal, & the pulley belt started screaching (AC off) for no apparent reason!?!?!?:|
Maybe it's a sign.......................................

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Mazda. I want one :)
Run away from anything GM, just sayin'.
If you get rid of the MX5, replace it with an S2000. More funner, and will run forever as long as you don't forget to keep oil in it (this is something my dad forgot).
Basing that remark on what?

My GMC trucks, Buick vehicles, and the Pontiac were pretty much flawless. But did sell the them for half what I paid when they gotclose to 200,000 miles. The GMCs never needed a repair, the Buicks and Pontiac only sensor change outs.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Basing that remark on what?

My GMC trucks, Buick vehicles, and the Pontiac were pretty much flawless. But did sell the them for half what I paid when they gotclose to 200,000 miles. The GMCs never needed a repair, the Buicks and Pontiac only sensor change outs.
Your experiences aren't typical. GM quality isn't where it should be.
So, you bought the cars with 150k on the clock and sold them at 200k? Otherwise I don't buy that you sold them with that many miles for 1/2 the purchase price since depreciation doesn't work like that (unless you're buying a very rare vehicle and I can't really think of anything that GM makes that qualifies).
Also, GM = cheap plastic interior.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well the MX5 was sold yesterday evening ($1200 profit :wink2:)
I looked at a 1994 'Wing yesterday with a two tone blue that was produced for that year only & 90k on the clock is a possibility (mainly because l think I can sell it next Spring with at least a $1k profit!) & it's a one owner from new with all documentation & a shedload of extras.
It has the original manual/toolkit & even the open face helmet with microphone & earpieces!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts