Here is the price for OUR Versys:

Precio:$9,741 US Dls
IVA:$1,559 US Dls
Total:$11,300 US Dls

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Along those same ridiculous pricing lines.
When I lived in Thailand 2 years ago,the ER-6n was produced about 200 miles from me.
It cost $1k MORE there than here.That's why you only see the rich and crooked ride bikes over 250cc there because the import fee runs from 50% to 100% depending on age of bike.And Triumph has a very modern plant just south on Bangkok.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
When I was a G.I. stationed in Thailand in 1969 I bought the country's first Kawasaki H1 500cc triple.
I owned the only one in the country for a few weeks.
It cost me $1000 and man it would scare the pants off any one of us... First in acceleration and next in handling.

USInflationCalculator.com say's my one thousand 1969 dollars is equivalent to $6,261.99 today.
Still a good deal for such a marvelous bike that changed the world of motorcycling.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When I was a G.I. stationed in Thailand in 1969 I bought the country's first Kawasaki H1 500cc triple.
It cost me $1000 and man it would scare the pants off any one of us... First in acceleration and next in handling.

USInflationCalculator.com say's my one thousand 1969 dollars is equivalent to $6,261.99 today.
Still a good deal for such a marvelous bike that changed the world of motorcycling.
My cousin had one of those

One day he lent it to is freind how was a accomplishe motocross rider
My cousin told is freind to be aware of the power of the kawi, and that it would flip backward even in third

Guess what happen ....
The freind would not belive my cousin, and twisted the throttle to the max in third an finally flip the bike upside down in front on us ... Clueless
I SOOOOO wanted to try this bike ...

LOP

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice-bet you wish you still had it! My 1st visit was an R&R in 1972 from Okinawa.I didn't return to Thailand until 2008-wow had it changed.Then I moved there for 18 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts