Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New for 2016. They are still kinda rare out there. A set for my bike was running $330+ at Revzilla, one of the few places that has some. And even they are out of the models for the heavier bikes. Anyway, I had a $5 discount and got a set for $277 today. If they are as good as the reviews make them out, sounds like a pretty killer deal.

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's not a bad price for Metzlers. I think I paid $245.00 for a rear Metzler 880 Marathon. Did you stick with stock sizes?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not a bad price for Metzlers. I think I paid $245.00 for a rear Metzler 880 Marathon. Did you stick with stock sizes?
Yeah. I have the V1k so my sizes are 120 and 180. As I recall the V650 are skinnier. I don't know if they have those in stock, but it's quick enough to check.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hope you will keep us up to date on your impressions of the tire.

The 160/60-17 size in these tires is in short supply right now, probably because they are still working on the mold for this size and have not yet produced any. My local dealer, "613 Motosports", says they cannot get the 160 until August. From what I have read these are a great sport tour tire, grippier than the Michelin PR4s, and probably what I will put on my Versys 650 next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts