Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Metzeler Tourance Next available in 120/70 and 160/60-17.

The latest generation of Enduro Street tyres, featuring new compounds, profiles, structure and tread pattern for unmatched levels of stability, safety on wet and mileage.

• Improved wet grip and stability
• Improved mileage over previous Tourance EXP
• Dual Compound rear sizes
• Ideal choice for the latest generation Adventure touring bikes
• OE on the new BMW R 1200 GS

http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/products/tyres-catalogue/Tourance-next.html

·
Registered
330 Posts
Interesting. Thanks, Invader!
Wonder what they'll cost... it's nice that the options in Versys sizing continue to increase.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Now this is something interesting....

·
Registered
263 Posts
pretty cool looking cut patterns.. wonder if Au will get them. Not that it matters cause US is still $150 a pair cheaper shipped...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Looks good. Better mileage than Tourance Exp is a plus.

I'd really like to see comparisons vs Sport Touring tires, now that they make these in sizes to fit the same bikes. It would be nice if we had a better idea of the trade-offs of choosing the different tire types on dirt roads, gravel, dry & wet pavement. And of course longevity, where these tires have done poorly in the past vs ST rubber.

I'll be looking for another front tire soon. I like the idea of one that would perform better in gravel and dirt roads. But if it gives up much on the pavement, I'd prolly be better off with an ST tire again.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I loved the Tourance hoops on my 12GS (not the EXP versions) and they gave great grip with long mileage out of them (9k for the rear was common). These look like a nice tyre and I'll be interested to rea how hey stack up against the Bridgestone BT023's I currently run on the V.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
FWIW - my rear Tourance (the 150/70 REAR that is...) howls PDG once the center 'squares' off. Kinda like the Kenda K-270 I used on my KLR, but - I wear ear-plugs, so I don't really hear it!

:goodidea:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'll be interested to rea how hey stack up against the Bridgestone BT023's I currently run on the V.
You'll be even more interested to know that the bt023 is being replaced with T30 next

1 - 12 of 12 Posts