Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would try and turn the stock windshield upside down. That went well, still have to road test it, so I removed the Kawasaki sticker. There was a little sticky left, and I found out the hard way,without thinking first, that GooGone was a bad choice. :badidea: Now I have a quarter sized spot that looks like a giant bug splatter.:mad: Lesson learned. Always read the bottle first.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Good thing the shield is so small you don't really look thru it, Meguiars makes a great product and will probably clean it up as per Invader's post----I think it should of came tinted from the factory to match all the black on the bikes. jm.02 worth

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I always use WD40 as a glue remover, works great! Can you post some pictures of the flip?
Here is a pic of mine flipped.

·
Registered
489 Posts
:goodidea: I got the sticker off of my windshield just fine with GooGone, just keep wiping with a fresh patch of cloth moistened with GG flip it over and wipe some more. If you keep using the same small patch you'll just end up smearing the glue around. When you're done, wash the whole thing with liquid dishwashing soap, rinse well and dry with a towell - Voilla. :goodluck:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I did the windshield flip several months ago. seems to work better. less turbulence and IMHO it looks better

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Any difference in performance or wind buffeting?
Huge difference. Stock I had horrible buffeting. Now the wind hits me in the neck rather than the helmet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You can fix that. Take some Mothers Aluminum polish or any PASTE type toothpaste, not the gel type and either by hand or with a polishing wheel polish the spot. For a fraction of the cost and time the Mothers will remove the etching and other scratches in no time, this works even on deep scratches you can feel with your fingers, they just take more time.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I did that last week, I`ll try to put some pics over the week-end.
I moved my Givi 60mm up from the top position with some plates and put the OEM windshield upside down to cover the lower space.
It`s amazing, now the air hits me on top of the helmet, I can ride with the visor up and I can hear the music (earphones) up to 75km/h.
The top of the windshield now is a little bit lower than my mouth position.
I'm 1.83m (6') height, 0.82 m (32'') seam.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts