Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 19 year old guy from Saint Clair Shores, Michigan(a suburb of Detroit). I stsarted riding a 1987 Kawasaki 454 LTD three years ago. I decided the versys was the bike for me so I picked one up last Thursday. Its a 2013 versys in blue. Over the past few days I have put over 500 miles of it and am looking forward to many more. I want to turn this bike into a moderate "adventure" bike since I do a lot of riding on dirt roads and two track trails buy nothing too agressive. This forum has been a lot of help for me with making desicions of what to get and how to do it. Thanks for all the help!

Keep the rubber on the road.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: you'll find a lot of good information here. Enjoy your new V and ride safely. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome:

But don't forget - you can't ride a Versys off-road...!

;)

:cool:
You can't ride a versys off road? Not even a little? May I ask why? If I'm not mistsken , there are many people who put some dual sport tires and some crash bars on their bikes and do just fine. If it really is a bad idea please please please let me know so I don't make a poor choice in modificstions.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You can't ride a versys off road? Not even a little? May I ask why? If I'm not mistsken , there are many people who put some dual sport tires and some crash bars on their bikes and do just fine. If it really is a bad idea please please please let me know so I don't make a poor choice in modificstions.
just a little tongue-in-cheek......

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
It's kind of an "insider's" joke from awhile back, where someone posted a thread that "You can't ride a Versys offroad".... Check these pics of the GREEN HORNET in Chicken, Alaska last June....

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts