Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Melbourne Bike Night, is an informal meeting
of motorcyclists every Friday night (except during covid restrictions) at Ron Barassi* Park.

* Ron Barassi is a retired Australian rules football player and coach that had a long and decorated career,

Covid restrictions were eased here on Thursday so I attended MBN Friday 19 Feb
While there I took some photos that I'd like to share:

A nice clean Ducati 1098 with a "Victory" in the midground:
View attachment 181890

Victory Motorcycles was an American motorcycle manufacturer with its final assembly facility in
Spirit Lake, Dickinson County, northwestern Iowa.
It began production of its vehicles in 1998, and began winding down operations in January 2017
View attachment 181891

This is a great restoration with light modifications of Yammies killer 80s 2 stroke RZ350 that I shot
early in the evening. You need to click this image to full size to check the wonderful detail work that
Stephen has done with this little fang fest.
View attachment 181892

I hope you've enjoyed viewing these as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Regards,

Alan.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great photos! I have owned 5 victory’s. Great motorcycles. But I secretly lusted over the RZ 350 In my late teens. But I ended up purchasing the Radian over that model.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Love the RZ350! Had a 1985 Kenny Roberts RZ350 "Bumble Bee". Put Toomy Racing expansion chambers on it - what a blast. The power band was (for me) addictive. Whack open the throttle just below the power peak ... wait for it, wait for it, then redline and time shift! So much fun. 50-60hp in a bike that weighs somewhere around 370lbs (I think). I was a whole light lighter back then too. Could keep up with most 650's and below. Talk about effortless wheelies! Weird to think about how so much performance was bundled in that little 350cc package. Need to have respect for that little bike, not super stable as I learned the hard way. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

As featured on a somewhat recent edition of Daily Rider

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
(y)Thankse for sharing , maybe one day I will join if allowed as I intend to visit Aus once travel restriction are lifted.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(y)Thankse for sharing , maybe one day I will join if allowed as I intend to visit Aus once travel restriction are lifted.
I hope you do get down here Fasto, I'd be pleased to meet you and
perhaps guide you around some of Victorias sensational (and lightly trafficked) roads.

March is the best month to visit Vic imho(y)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the RZ350! Had a 1985 Kenny Roberts RZ350 "Bumble Bee". Put Toomy Racing expansion chambers on it - what a blast. The power band was (for me) addictive. Whack open the throttle just below the power peak ... wait for it, wait for it, then redline and time shift! So much fun. 50-60hp in a bike that weighs somewhere around 370lbs (I think). I was a whole light lighter back then too. Could keep up with most 650's and below. Talk about effortless wheelies! Weird to think about how so much performance was bundled in that little 350cc package. Need to have respect for that little bike, not super stable as I learned the hard way. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

As featured on a somewhat recent edition of Daily Rider
(y)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great photos! I have owned 5 victory’s. Great motorcycles. But I secretly lusted over the RZ 350 In my late teens. But I ended up purchasing the Radian over that model.
Thanks. :)

I admired the RZs too, but suddenly had the opportunity to
acquire a race prepared Suzuki 1100 Katana that had made podium finishes in
the Australian Superbike championship in the 80s... when the ASBK rules were changed
to a maximum of a 1000cc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts