Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charles "Big Chuck" checking in from Gloucester Virginia.

Just got a screaming good deal on a new 2015 650 ABS!
Traded up from a 2009 KLR 650.

New baby!

Needless to say, my face hurts now! Good thing you can't see inside a full face helmet, as I would sure look silly riding around with this huge stupid grin! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just my luck!
I get a new bike, and it starts snowing the next day!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So-o-o... go ICE-RACING...!

Welcome aboard, and GREAT color choice...!
Thanks!
I have to admit, I really wanted the white one, but that only came in the LT version, and that was still about $8000.
This one was a demo, with 117 miles, and was $5800.
Being as I am a cheap bastard, it was love at first sight! >:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You "done GOOD"!
Yes, I believe I did!

The "Out the Door" price was $7100 with all the fine print stuff, but most of that was for the extra 48 month extension to the warranty I asked for (the wife's Idea). They also gave me full NADA trade in value for my KLR, and I got an extra $250 off for military cash (retired), so it was back down almost to where it started by the time I made out the check.
Even dealing with the bank was easy! The credit union approved me ahead of time, gave me a "not to exceed" check and 1.49% interest rate.
Plus.... the wife must have been temporarily insane, as she TOLD me I should take the deal and get the bike ..... and I know I haven't been THAT good lately!

·
Administrator
9,010 Posts
Yes, I believe I did!

The "Out the Door" price was $7100 with all the fine print stuff
Plus.... the wife must have been temporarily insane, as she TOLD me I should take the deal and get the bike ..... and I know I haven't been THAT good lately!
At first I had a good laugh, been there before---then the gears start turning and I begin to wonder what huge honey do list is around the corner. I just mentioned I am thinking of looking at a 2015, I have a 07 all farkled out---she said what do you need that for----luckily she doesn't bother with this forum----going to need to come up with some soundproof excuse---got about 3 months to work on it====== enjoy your ride, in the end the wife will get to realize that was a great suggestion for her!

·
Registered
743 Posts
At first I had a good laugh, been there before---then the gears start turning and I begin to wonder what huge honey do list is around the corner. I just mentioned I am thinking of looking at a 2015, I have a 07 all farkled out---she said what do you need that for----luckily she doesn't bother with this forum----going to need to come up with some soundproof excuse---got about 3 months to work on it====== enjoy your ride, in the end the wife will get to realize that was a great suggestion for her!
I was lucky .My company wanted us to fly the company plane to the Bahamas (Atlantis) and they said I could bring my wife. A local dealer was running a sale on a brand new 2015 650lt for $7343.00 otd. I ordered the bike when we made a fuel stop on the way home from the Bahamas. Lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went for a very short ride today, had to get one in before the "blizzard" hits the east coast here!

It was a beautiful day, but 19 degrees! Ouch!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts