Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum, but have purchased a Versys-X 300 to be my bike to 'end-of-life' because it is so light-weight, tractable and with a low seat height. Hopefully it will carry me through to my late 80s (72 now) - because if you can't ride, there isn't a lot of point being here I find! :)

The point of this post however, is to let you know that I will be developing our MCCruise for my Versys-X over the coming months and using it to test our revised electric servo. I may even get the opportunity to ride around Australia on it, but no definite plans yet.

While I will definitely be undertaking this development for ME (I can't ride more than 10 minutes without my fingers going numb due to injuries), I wonder if there is any interest from others on the forum? Being an electric servo kit, it will be quite expensive compared to the cost of the bike, but for me, as it will enable me to keep riding in relative comfort, it is worth it.

So - just letting you know that is a possibility in the future - before Christmas and I hope to produce a brief video on the install as it looks pretty easy based on my initial assessment.

What I do NEED if anyone has one - is a wiring diagram - if anyone knows where to find one?

Best regards,

Tony Guymer, Director
MotorCycle Cruise Controls
13/137-145 Rooks Road, Nunawading, 3131 AUSTRALIA
Ph +613 9808 2804
Email:
[email protected] Web Sites: www.mccruise.com & www.utvspeedsafe.com

·
Super Moderator
21,533 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
672 Posts
Welcome ! Hope your project works out. I'm sure there will be some interest ... once the details and pricing are available 👍🏻

Do you have a service manual -- it should have sufficient wiring diagrams for your purpose?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
I would have an interest in a Versys 300 if cruise were available. It is hard to swallow $1000 for the convenience of cruise control, but for me it is money better spent than buying aftermarket exhaust systems.
Do you all do one for the Tiger 660 sport?

My next middleweight bike will definitely have cruise control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts