Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Live in northern Wisconsin. Have an 07 KLR650. I love the bike but dont find myself riding off road as much as I thought and also being mid aged I dont find the KLR that comfy on a longer ride anymore. But I love the upright seating and how easy I can control the bike. I am seriously looking at a used versys at a dealer about 1.5 hours away. I have never sat on one yet but I am looking for feedback if it sounds like this is the bike for me. I am not looking for a big old heavy bike but rather a bike to take for a nice day cruise or maybe at most a couple of days. I am not looking for something that goes 150 mph but a nice cruiser that is not going to make me break the bank. Again the upright position will be big and I handle the KLR very very comfortably? Any info is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Go for it, think you will tick all the boxes once you test ride the V i put money on with what you have said there a high chance you will be riding this awsome machine soon:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Was looking at a klr and saw the versys and picked the v best decision i've made in a long time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went from 04 KLR to 08 Versys for the same reasons, didn't go off road much. Best motorcycle related choice I have made. Very nice on the highway. Just hit some gravel yesterday for the first time and it wasn't too bad, not much different that my KLR with the 80% street tire on it, when I had it. Love the Versys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello everyone,

Live in northern Wisconsin. Have an 07 KLR650. I love the bike but dont find myself riding off road as much as I thought and also being mid aged I dont find the KLR that comfy on a longer ride anymore. But I love the upright seating and how easy I can control the bike. I am seriously looking at a used versys at a dealer about 1.5 hours away. I have never sat on one yet but I am looking for feedback if it sounds like this is the bike for me. I am not looking for a big old heavy bike but rather a bike to take for a nice day cruise or maybe at most a couple of days. I am not looking for something that goes 150 mph but a nice cruiser that is not going to make me break the bank. Again the upright position will be big and I handle the KLR very very comfortably? Any info is appreciated.
cheeshead - I understand your delema. I bought an 09 KLR last fall and purchased an 09 Versys in March. I have the KLR for sale. It's a great bike and is very comfortable for me. But I too am not doing much trail riding. The Versys is a far better street bike. The way I explain it to people is that the KLR is like a good pick-up truck. But the Versys is like a Corvette. Much greater power and street capability for crusing the streets. If it's a street bike you desire, the Versys wins hands-down:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts