Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I weigh in at 285lbs. and am thinking about buying a versys. Does anybody out there think the stock suspencion will handle my weight without any modifications?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The most I've carried with me was a load of groceries that fit inside my Cortech Sport Saddlebags which included 2 gallons of milk :) If the bags were bigger I'm sure I could carry a lot more.

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
I was at the time 280lbs had the E-55 fully loaded as well as the tail bag and full riding gear. no sweat went on a 700 mile trip driving mostly mid 80's and 90's on the speed. never touched the suspension same set up as the day i bought it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That should do it Weljo. I Appreciate your input aswell. I'm retiring next year on Febuary 18th,2011. I'Ve been researchinq every kind of motorcycle that I could find on the internet as well as around the Ft. Worth Dallas,Tx. area, as I live in Keller,Tx. I'll keep checking om this site from time to time. I really do appreciate a group like y'all!

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
That should do it Weljo. I Appreciate your input aswell. I'm retiring next year on Febuary 18th,2011. I'Ve been researchinq every kind of motorcycle that I could find on the internet as well as around the Ft. Worth Dallas,Tx. area, as I live in Keller,Tx. I'll keep checking om this site from time to time. I really do appreciate a group like y'all!
Good deal. I'm in haslet at sendera ranch. right now i'm in puerto rico till mid october. maybe a ride is in the future. my brothers baby sitting my bike right now so you may see him out and about one day

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'Ve been researchinq every kind of motorcycle that I could find on the internet as well as around the Ft. Worth Dallas,Tx. area, as I live in Keller,Tx
Check out Sammy White's Kawi City in Irving. I don't think you will find a local Kawi dealer with better prices. They've been in the same shop since something like '88 and they don't have any salesmen. That gives em a lot of wiggle room on price.

If I recall, the V's useful load is something like 397 lbs.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am around 275 and when going on trips I have loaded up the 2 side cases and top box pretty good. No problems.

·
Registered
213 Posts
275-280 depending on if i have had my morning poop. lol bike is fine doesn't even bother it to pull the front end up with some clutch in seccond.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm about 180lbs naked, but I mostly ride with clothes, my wife is about 125lbs. We've done lots of two up touring with full bags and top box, over high passes etc with no problems, go for it.

Two up over Independence Pass, loaded, no issues, plenty of power and suspension travel-its a bumpy pass!

Machog

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've noticed my rear shock feels more plush when I have my wife on the back. I'm 175 she's 130. So being a little on the heavy side you are actually at an advantage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts