Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished installing a Mastech skid plate on my V! Took some man handling and a trip to my local hardware store to make it work with the H&B radiator guards--the bolts included were too short (guards and a mounting bracket share a mounting point). My reasoning for this one was it looked to be a little taller at the front than the sw-motech, also it was fairly cheap $225 shipped USD. Maybe with a few more mods it'll be ready for Alaska (again) then the Arctic Circle!
manufacturer website: Here
Where I purchased: Here

Please excuse the dirty bike, just finished a 1,100 mile ride this past week!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Cool, and you are going to the end of the Earth too.

Is that AL or steel and how much does it weigh approx.?

It also looks like a real good place to put a mud flap on to keep the front wheel from setting nails up for rear flats (and flats are a bummer where you are headed.)

Good luck, and I'll be making a trip to where you are sometime this Summer from LA. It will be my first time to most rugged mountains in the West, and I'm looking forward to it (on flat, clean, dry, and curvy roads hopefully.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! Very jealous of your trip, but glad to see the Versys getting some more representation up North!

As for the dirty bike- I heard a saying once on advrider.... "Ride more, wash less. It's a bike, not a p*ssy." :) -Chad

EDIT: Kawdog- just looked at the website, and it is aluminum.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
As for the dirty bike- I heard a saying once on advrider.... "Ride more, wash less. It's a bike, not a p*ssy." :) -Chad
Advrider is FULL of vendors and spammers, so they love broken bikes which is another name for off-road. If you have the money and time, I'm sure it's a hoot. But most off road access points are closing up and you have to go to the ends of the Earth like the OP does in North America. The OP's salty mucked up bike may have been just every day living in the CO mountains from ROAD salts. However, I bet their mountain roads are an adventure year round.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plate is Aluminum! I don't know about the weight, it isn't too terrible! I would head up north in 2016 summer time!

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Made in Columbia, eh? Does it seem to be sturdy enough to lift the whole bike on, like my improved Happy Trails' skid plate?

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
The plate is Aluminum! I don't know about the weight, it isn't too terrible! I would head up north in 2016 summer time!
and looks IDENTICAL to the SW-Motech skid-plate...!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts