Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On wednesday tornados hit areas of central mass, and there are 2 of our forum members that live in towns hit by these twisters that I know of. Bones in wilbraham, and redline in brimfield. I have sent them both PM's to see if they were okay, but haven't heard from them. I am hoping it is due to power outages that they haven't responded. I have redlines cell# and sent him a text this morning, but still haven't heard from him. I am sure things in those towns are kaotic and hope they are okay. My daughter also lives in one of the towns hit, monson, and fortunitly the part of town she lives in wasn't hit, and she is okay.
Here are some pictures from monson that I could get, there are other areas I couldn't get pictures of that were much worse, pics taken with cell phone.

Hope to hear from redline and bones soon.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We had one touch down here in Schuylkill County, Pa. last Thursday. Very rare around here. It covered an 18 mile stretch, bouncing up and down. started about 6 miles from my house. We were without electric for two days, many others went without for 4-5 days.

I spent the weekend and a few nights this week clearing a guys yard, (sorta looked like your first picture with a house in the middle), full of huge trees taken down by the twister. I cut and hauled about 10 cords of firewood so far. It's just amazing the power of these things, and this was only an F1.

Hope all is well up there in Mass.

Mike

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
If you haven't been through something like that. Its hard to put into words. lived in S.Carolina when Hurricane Hugo hit lost 99 out of 200 pine trees in my yard. While your going through it the feeling of total helplessness is undescribable. Then to have to take in all of the devastation is overwhelming.

God Bless All Affected.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm good, John, and my family is OK as well. Thanks for thinking of us. Lost power for a day and a half, yard's a mess but no damage to speak of. Ping pong ball hail. A mile down the road houses are wrecked and giant trees laid to waste. The twister was on the ground for 30 miles heading east, which makes it really hard to go north and south without finding yourself on a road that's impassable.

I heard from redline, he's OK, family OK, house OK.

Some amazing photos here: http://photos.masslive.com/republican/2011/06/aerials_of_tornado_destruction_44.html

amateur videos at www.masslive.com

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have a friend in the Farmington area. I guess it was one hell of a light show.
Very rare for that part of the country.

I am not sure who pissed off Al Gore. But I wish someone would pay him for the internet and maybe this weather around the country would settle down.

Good thoughts for all those affected.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm good, John, and my family is OK as well. Thanks for thinking of us. Lost power for a day and a half, yard's a mess but no damage to speak of. Ping pong ball hail. A mile down the road houses are wrecked and giant trees laid to waste. The twister was on the ground for 30 miles heading east, which makes it really hard to go north and south without finding yourself on a road that's impassable.

I heard from redline, he's OK, family OK, house OK.
Thanks Bones, glad you and redline are okay.
I am glad I did not have to experiance this first hand. This is a very rare event for this part of the country so it is the first time I have seen this kind of devistation other than on tv. My heart goes out to all the people in tornado alley, and to where this kind of thing happens a lot more frequent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts