Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I battled with myself over the last year about how much, or how little I was enjoying my Drz400. Love the bike and have poured gallons and gallons of fuel into her, but... I've come to think of the risk I'm taking on an afternoon in the woods over over what I have considered valuable stress release. I'm very near fifty years old, good health, fantastic family, and I want to keep it that way. Pulling up on the bar and separating myself from the Earth doesn't bring joy any longer. It causes me to think about recovery time. Lol.

Last few rides towards the woods got me thinking about how nice it would be to be on the highway with a 6th gear, less aggressive tread, and some wind protection. But still be trail worthy.

Domino's stared falling at that point. Spreadsheet was made with the mind set of l"et the math rule the results". Really wanted the 650 v-strom to win out, it didn't. Neither did the tenere, nc/nx/cb, BMW's (all of them), or any "Enduro" for that matter.

Surprised, I was left looking at a page containing the smallest engine and the least cost amongst them. But it checked all of my boxes and then some.

I placed my Drz on the local classifieds hoping it might sell by end November so I could try and locate an end of the year deal and avoid the retail shake down. One call and the wheelie pooping, air loving Drz was sold.

As I was removing the classified listing I noticed a real nice 300x for sale that had much of the items I'd alter already done. But it wasn't green. Two trips to dealers and several exercises in math and I returned to that ad with a bit of curiosity.

Several several emails later, and it was in the back of my truck happily on the way back home. That's a tough thing to do. Have a wonderfully appointed bike with just over 2,000 miles on it (not a scratch)in the back of the truck when you want so badly to be atop it eating up the miles.

And that's my story. Its how I arrived here. A Change in my motorcycle direction. Genre I didn't consider prior. I've put a few hours on her so far and can confidently say I'm an adventure rider.

Hello all,

Eucy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its grey,

Once mother natural decides to stop the madness with the rain. I'll drop a picture or two in the profile. Maybe I should have bought a canoe....

·
Premium Member
16,228 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts