Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... Manual says that Main Throttle Sensor output voltage at idle should be between 1.005 - 1.035V. In this forum you have recommended a value around 1.061V. The output voltage at Full Throttle opening should be around 4.20 - 4.40V. I was wondering why I can't reach that value... If I set a value of 1.065V at idle, at Full Throttle I get just 3.95V
Any ideas what could be happening? :confused:
Looks lie my range for that sensor is shorter that it should be!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the answer myself, I think so... I observed the system and found that wearing a small portion the opposite side of the adjusting screw for idle speed, throttle could be opened a little more so, I put a grinding wheel on my drill and wear about two millimeters. After that, I measure the voltage at WOT and it went up from 3.95V to 4.18V which is a better number. I don't know if what I've done is stupid but I will test the bike in this week to see how it runs and if something wrong appears.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
As I stated, once WOT (wide-open-throttle) voltage output is within range, idle position voltage output is then a bit above spec range. Adjusting it so cures the low end lean bog by adding fuel at lower throttle opening.
Did you grind your maximum throttle opening stop to allow your throttle valves to open more? :badidea:
All you had to do is set your WOT voltage output within spec, and not worry about idle position voltage output.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To get a reasonable WOT voltage within specs I have to move the sensor too much getting a totally our of specs voltage at idle... anyway, the damage was done :( so I'll see how the Versys ride this week... I will post my comments... thanks!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You can always add back material for what was removed earlier with steel epoxy (the 2 mixing tubes type).

kurt, did you notice any difference to the throttle response after the changes?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That´s the 1 million dollars question... hahaha. Well, at this moment I just know I have good numbers, you know, WOT and idle voltages. I think I have to take my Versys to the highway and see what happen at high revs and speed. And you´re right... I can put some material back there... I will write my comments soon. I´m also testing a new map so I have two variables now but it´s fun :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts