Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Please help me with Magura 0120689 clutch installation question.

I just did installed it but can't understand should I use the spacer ring when installing the clutch actuator or not? I've tried with spacer and without but the difference is not big.

Bicycle part Audio equipment Microphone Cable Auto part

The problem is that actuator is not fixed properly and fallen off once

Not sure is it safe to commute tomorrow. I did small test drive on the parking lot and the actuator is still in the place :)
The old clutch cable was fixed much more better.
I've actuator installed with spacer now but not sure is it correct.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please me with clutch wires connection question also. I've just connected wires to the new clutch lever but would like to know what is it for?
There is no difference are wires connected or not. I did test drive without clutch wires connected and did not noticed any difference.
I've connected wires and engine stalls now if side stand is down and I'm switching to the first gear (having clutch lever pressed). Is it ok ? The same behavior is when wires are not connected however. What are those wires for ?

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts

This photo is in the link above
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Rim

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Please me with clutch wires connection question also. I've just connected wires to the new clutch lever but would like to know what is it for?
There is no difference are wires connected or not. I did test drive without clutch wires connected and did not noticed any difference.
I've connected wires and engine stalls now if side stand is down and I'm switching to the first gear (having clutch lever pressed). Is it ok ? The same behavior is when wires are not connected however. What are those wires for ?
That is your safety circuit for starting in gear, the starter is locked out unless the clutch is pulled in when in gear.

As to poping out at the clutch actuator, you have two choices, one is to collapse the slot that the rod passes through. The second option would be to open a uninsulated 10 gauge butt splice and crimp it on the actuator. Have a look at the old cable, that needs to be duplicated to keep the rod intact. . You could also wire tie it as a third option like on aircraft bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts