Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a magnetic oil plus yesterday at the store for the Versys, $5.00! It's a Bike Master and I am never sure of what I'll get from them. Some things seem good, the power sockets I used on both bikes are OK and were low cost. But I have seen other stuff that makes me wonder what the heck they are thinking. I plan to swap when I change oil next AFTER I check to be sure that the new plus is the same length, If it's any longer I'm not risking it getting into gears or crank and will toss it.

But for $5.00 I could really go wrong.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I bought an inexpensive one for my V a few years ago (over the internet). The magnet was very weak compared to the stock one in my GasGas. After using it for a year or two, when I was doing an oil change, I wiped off the magnet and it fell out of the drain plug! Junk! I don't recall the brand.

When I get time, I plan to insert a much better magnet into it, and maybe use some high temperature epoxy glue to secure it, or chill the magnet and heat the plug and do a press type fit.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I just 'stick' a rare-earth magnet to the front of my oil filter to collect any ferrous bits. When I change oil, I remove the filter, magnet attached, then pull it off (so I don't let any particles get loose IN the engine) and attach it to the new filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts