Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my never-ending search for ways to improve my set up, I came across the Magellan Tough Case. This is a large waterproof case that fits over a Iphone or Ipod Touch and it has a built in GPS receiver which will increase the accuracy of any iphone gps app or provide the ipod touch with a actual gps transmitter. Now because I have a Ipod Touch and would love to use it as a gps tool this intrigued me. I gave magellan a call this morning to confirm that no wifi signal was needed to use the GPS. I spoke with a customer service rep who confirmed that this device, with its built in gps receiver would allow the ipod touch to be used as a gps without a wifi connection. The rep also advised me that the tough case has a built in battery that will double the battery life of the apple device. This makes me very happy as I am addicted to my Ipod touch and never go anywhere without it. Now I will be able to use it as my gps, charge it, have a waterproof case, and extra battery life all at the same time. I wanted to share this with the forum to help out anyone who may already have a iphone or touch and wanted to turn it into a very rugged gps.

P.S. I am just a regular guy and am not employed by or have any affiliation with Magellan.

http://www1.magellangps.com/toughcase/

·
Registered
901 Posts
That looks nice....a bit spendy. To bad they don't have one for Droid Phones

1 - 2 of 2 Posts