Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a DirtRag guy with a Strom got his mitts on this bicycle carrier and wrote it up. i know there are other cyclists here and i've seen this topic come up somewhere, either here or sport-touring.net, so i thought i'd post. looks like a great way to get to the trailhead, just not sure i'd want to get back into my moto kit after a mtn bike ride. :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had one.

I installed one of these on my 2005 DR650. It did exactly what I wanted it to. I could get to the trailhead on 2 wheels, ride a loop, then hop back on the motorcycle for the ride home. Yes, putting the gear back on after a mtn bike ride was questionable, but not horrible.

The most frequent use of the system was actually as a tail rack, though. It made a great platform for strapping down duffel bags, tents, etc!

I ended up selling it with the DR650 when I decided to go for a V, and now I just use my car to get to the trail. I can recommend it for anyone that wants to load their bike up on their motorcycle. The caveat is that on a lightweight bike like the DR, it had a noticable effect on handling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts