23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted Madstaff screen brackets and screen, +10 piece of kit.:thumb:

Here's the photoblog

Chris

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nice install, it's farily simple yeah?!?

Did mine a few weeks ago... one thing I've noticed though, is increased vibration (noise) from that section now, especially between 3 and 4k rpm.

has anyone else noticed this, if so whats the remedy?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice install, it's farily simple yeah?!?

Did mine a few weeks ago... one thing I've noticed though, is increased vibration (noise) from that section now, especially between 3 and 4k rpm.

has anyone else noticed this, if so whats the remedy?
Mine seems to have gone away-Will let you know later. I can "see" the shield assebly vibrate now however

·
Registered
76 Posts
Amir - I think I finally isolated the last bit of vibes I had to the madstad bracket & shield, worse on the left side. I ended up tightening the guide bolt on the adjustable part of the bracket. It's the bolt that doesn't have the knob, that you're supposed to leave a little loose to allow the bracket to move up and down, tightening it only with the knob. Only thing was a little loose means that it allows the bracket to vibrate at higher revs. Tightening it down means less adjustability on the fly, but a fair trade for no vibration. Once I work out the ideal screen height and angle for me, I'm not likely to want to adjust it much, so no worries.
dm

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the bracket is to thin & weak. needs to be made out of a heavier gauge metal.
Have you actually used it to make that statement?

I'm not sure why people are ragging on the Madstad bracket. I have one and am 100% happy with it. While it's true that the original Madstad product had a weakness, Madstad stood by it and added a stiffener. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. Madstad is a good company to do business with and make a quality product.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I have one with a parabellum shield mounted on it. The stiffner helps , but is not enough. With the bracket adjusted all the way up for height, it will not stay adjusted vertically, and it shakes like crazy.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Okay. I use it with the Givi and it works fine. The Parabellum might be taller than the Givi and that's where the issue is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The issue is! That the bracket has to much flex,the stiffner is just an attempt at a cheap fix. The bracket is a great idea, it just needs a few improvments.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Staff answer

Works great for me. One neat thing about the
slight vibfration is it reflects the sun in a great
flickering pattern that really lights up the road
signs and alerts oncoming traffic! Love it.

I have a feeling the stability of your specific
windshield has a lot to do with it, plus that
adjustment on the sliders. Love that MadStad -
it's the staff of life, ha ha.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
When you put a large shield way up high and near vertical, you turn it into a sail and at some point you're asking for an unreasonable level of performance. If you want that much wind protection, perhaps a naked bike equipped from the factory with a flyscreen isn't the right bike for you. A Gold Wing, perhaps?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Super size me

August; Those large handguards don't interfere?
(What are they anyway???) Can you still get
full range bar motion with any windshield position?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts