Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’ve noticed my stock windshield blocks the wind from hitting my chest but catches my on my shoulders significantly. The wind resistance dimishes greatly when I sag my shoulders and round them forward a bit, which tells me it’s the windshield.

From any experience or educated guesses, which brand would probably work best for the VX3? I’m 5’9” on the dot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey, from the title you are looking for either a MadStad or a CaliSci. I have the Cal Sci and am not totally in love with it. It is as big as a snow shovel, I got the medium size. i give it a 6 out of a 10. Still some buffeting and I have it in the lowest position. I still can see over it onto the road ahead. I have the stock windshield back on and moved up past the upper notch on the top part of the moveable windshield bracket, which works better than it should! Check out the link with my signature to my Facebook page for pictures.

I might invest in the Mad Stad, but that is nearly 200.00, so gotta think more about that.

Let me know what you decide!

·
Registered
842 Posts
My '15 came with the Puig. Not good.

I replaced with the Givi 4114, better. (For sale, $70 shipped CONUS)

I replaced that with a 20" Madstadt. Much gooder. Particularly with the low freqency buffeting. I got lucky and scored a used one off of this forum. I have it all of the way up and tilted almost all the way back. It leaves a large gap on the bottom that really helps to smooth out the cockpit air.

A gentleman on the Versys thread has a Madstadt with a Vario lip on it and claims it's the cat's meow.

I'm 5-9+ and have a 31" inseam sitting on a Seat Concepts seat.

Reactions: andyversystheworld

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the CalSci XLarge windshield and I really like it. I"m 6' tall with a 32" inseam and I get no buffeting at all. I think it gives a very smooth ride as well. I guess I am getting older and like a nice quiet ride and no wind in my face or top of helmet. I'm sure if I were to ride in the Central Valley, where it gets very hot, I may change out to the stock screen to get a nice breeze. But here in the bay area it doesn't really get too hot and I usually ride along the coast in the summer.

Reactions: andyversystheworld

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I've had a Givi on my 2008 for some time and find that it's pretty good although not perfect. The trouble seems to be that you either select a barn door or something smaller that will cause a little buffeting. I'm not a fan of barn doors so I went with the Givi and have not been disappointed. My two cents.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My '15 came with the Puig. Not good.

I replaced with the Givi 4114, better. (For sale, $70 shipped CONUS)

I replaced that with a 20" Madstadt. Much gooder. Particularly with the low freqency buffeting. I got lucky and scored a used one off of this forum. I have it all of the way up and tilted almost all the way back. It leaves a large gap on the bottom that really helps to smooth out the cockpit air.

A gentleman on the Versys thread has a Madstadt with a Vario lip on it and claims it's the cat's meow.

I'm 5-9+ and have a 31" inseam sitting on a Seat Concepts seat.
I missed putting in sumpin. That Versys thread is over on ADVRider.

Oops!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks Arion. I know what you mean about barn doors... My Cal Sci shield seems big, but the more I see it I don't notice it as much anymore. I still use the stock shield on my 2016 Versys moved up all the way, with the top guide over the rail stop on the top. As you say, not perfect, but getting better. I am ordering a shield, the one made in Gremany, MRA VarioTouringScreen. Will see.. this one is not much larger than stock, so might be a good compromise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts