Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ride this season today. Tried out my new Seat Concepts seat. I liked it, but it is sitting me up perhaps 2 inches (give or take, not sure) taller. Even with my stock shield up all the way, I have much more buffeting. So I think a Madstad Shield is in order. I am 6.0 ft tall. Their site says the 22" shield is for folks 6 ft 1" to 6 ft 3". I think that is the one I should order. Can anyone with the Madstad offer a comment? Is this a good one to get and do I have the right size in mind? I usually had my stocker all the way up, even before the Seat Concepts seat. Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought of something... Will the Madstad shield work with the LT hand guards? The hand guards as it is now come very, very close to the stock shield.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just thought of something... Will the Madstad shield work with the LT hand guards? The hand guards as it is now come very, very close to the stock shield.
I have a v1000 with the Madstad shield. I have 1 3/4" bar risers with a slight tilt toward the rear. I have 3" clearance between the shield and the hand guards with the bars turned all the way right and all the way left. Don't know if the 650 has the same specks. Need to hear from a 650 owner with a Madstad.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
There's an 18" Madstad due to arrive here Monday. I'll let you if the factory hand guards interfere with it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear FlySig! Please keep me posted! If it works, I'll order right away. I'll need to find out if the 22" is the same width as yours. I'll call them about that after you post. Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw, I got the more firm foam from Seat Concepts rather than the default density foam that they have. That is probably why I am sitting slightly higher.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm 6' tall and have the 22" Madstad. I got the 20" at first and immediately swapped it for the 22". It's perfect. I also have a Seat Concepts seat.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just emailed Madstad to see if they can make me a 24" for my Versys. Anyone out there have the 22" or 24" screen? How much buffeting is there? Obviously there is going to be more than stock, but is it an unnecessary distraction from riding?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm 6' tall and have the 22" Madstad. I got the 20" at first and immediately swapped it for the 22". It's perfect. I also have a Seat Concepts seat.
How tall are you Scutrbrau?

edit..... oops. I see you just said you are 6'. Never mind!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just emailed Madstad to see if they can make me a 24" for my Versys. Anyone out there have the 22" or 24" screen? How much buffeting is there? Obviously there is going to be more than stock, but is it an unnecessary distraction from riding?
I have the 22" screen. No buffeting since there is air flow under the screen and enough adjust-ability to create the conditions you prefer.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The Madstad 18" has plenty of clearance with the factory handguards on the '15 V650. One side is minimum 3/4", the other is minimum 1/2". The clearance varies depending on the height and tilt of the screen. At the highest point I can easily see over the top, though it is noticeably higher than the stock windshield at the full up position. Here's a photo of the factory original on top of the Madstad for comparison. I didn't take a picture of the Madstad installed because the plastic is so clear, but you can see on their website how the windshield looks installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts