Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruisin' this A.M. on a 3 lane 45mph hwy with grassy 20 ft divider. Not raining but roads are drenched. I am slowly passing a white truck in the center lane on the left, when I JUST NOW SEE a dodge neon COMPLETELY STOPPED in the center lane??? In an instant, I am thinking about off-roading it to the left (I'm doing about 50 ) but I see a flash of the truck driver's face in his left side mirror and he just lays on the ABS and doesn't swerve into me, which is what he was thinking when I saw his face. Right about the time I am passing the Neon, and I'm expecting that crunch sound, the truck stops 3 inches from the Neon! Man, I saw the power of ABS today! In my right mirror I see the Neon put on his right turn signal and turn into a 7-11 from the middle lane. At the next light the white truck was behind me in the same center lane and I was turning left, I gave him a "thumbs up" for not taking me out:) I will be more carefull overtaking large vehicles in the future:goodidea:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Lucky lucky lucky. So many people would have not even looked just yanked the wheel and nerfed you right off the road. He is a very good driver. And I'm glad you're OK and here to post about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always better to be lucky than good! Looking back now, there was a curb, but no trees in the median, so I could've pulled it out off road, but I also could've ate @%&*!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wet Roads and ABS...

Always better to be lucky than good! Looking back now, there was a curb, but no trees in the median, so I could've pulled it out off road, but I also could've ate @%&*!!
Wow , you should see my commute to work and back on these near gridlocked freeways here in So-Cal...in the dry sunny days there are about 75 crashes and accidents...and when it rains ,very seldom , there are about 150 crashes ...daily in San Diego county...Most people are distracted by there smart phones and poor driving skills:censored: so what I have to do , to remain alive , is to predict the idiots around me are trying to kill me and never let them push me off my lap times...:topsecret: That's right...everyday it's like doing a Track Day with slow backmarkers in my way...Our 650 KLE'S are perfect urban assault bikes :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dude I was flying over storm king mountain on my way to work last Saturday... Forgt about west point graduation. I was in my civic, and the roads were dry, thank god Well, in 3rd gear at 70mph, I was coasting around a curve and BAM! Truck with a boat on a trailer (white truck!) swerves and almost looses it. I smack my brakes and fishtail and ride the ABS for 120 feet and stop dead. Sipped my coffee and waited for the traffic to clear. Whew!

Take it easy out there folks!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ct the next light the white truck was behind me in the same center lane and I was turning left, I gave him a "thumbs up" for not taking me out:) I will be more carefull overtaking large vehicles in the future:goodidea:
Great story... One for the books. Glad you had a friend in that white truck today. He must be a rider too.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow , you should see my commute to work and back on these near gridlocked freeways here in So-Cal...in the dry sunny days there are about 75 crashes and accidents...and when it rains ,very seldom , there are about 150 crashes ...daily in San Diego county...Most people are distracted by there smart phones and poor driving skills:censored: so what I have to do , to remain alive , is to predict the idiots around me are trying to kill me and never let them push me off my lap times...:topsecret: That's right...everyday it's like doing a Track Day with slow backmarkers in my way...Our 650 KLE'S are perfect urban assault bikes :thumb:
Where in San Diego do you commute? I've seen a green Versys twice now in the same area between North Park and Hillcrest on University Avenue. Wouldn't be you would it?

I've definitely had some close calls with people being weird in traffic. I find that if you respect the other drivers, they tend to respect you back. I've seen people honk at riders who swerve in too close and dangerously on the freeways and stuff. That doesn't make for good relations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts