Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Versys!!!

Hey y'all,

Greetings and salutations to all from South Texas. I recently sold my cruiser because after a few years riding I discovered that being a cruiser guy really wasn't me. I want to take long trips, go camping, and be able to carve up The Sisters without heaving to and fro or bottoming out....so I decided on the Versys based on the excellent reviews (MOTY is a plus) and the deep aftermarket that exists. Yeah, it's "only" a 650 parallel twin, but I've read that it can pop wheelies if not careful. Like I said, I'm looking forward to getting one!:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Trashy!

Since you are in TX -- you might look at the San Antonio/motorcycle section on Craigslist. There is a place in Universal City (suburb of S.A.) that has two new '09 Versys' for $3995. If this is legit, and it seems so, it would be an excellent price.

good luck,
Caladan
central TX

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Trashy!

Since you are in TX -- you might look at the San Antonio/motorcycle section on Craigslist. There is a place in Universal City (suburb of S.A.) that has two new '09 Versys' for $3995. If this is legit, and it seems so, it would be an excellent price.

good luck,
Caladan
central TX
Thanks for the tip....picked it up today, a little bit over 5K out the door....I figure that was a deal for a brand new Versys. It's Team Kawasaki Green in color, but for that price I didn't care....plus the cages will certainly see me better.

Some observations from the 35 mile trip back to my house:

1) Stock seat sucks big time. Dunno if I'm used to a cruiser seat that's more plush and not angling down towards the tank, but it's really bad when I start getting a little numb after a 35 minute ride....and I'm not super heavy either (5' 10", 202 lbs.). What's the best remedy for this...re-upholstering (like Sargent seats) or buying another one without breaking the bank?

2) I read some complaints about "buzziness" on the slab at around 70, but for a 650 parallel twin the "buzziness" was more than tolerable for me. Maybe because I'm used to having two big jugs loping along or because I've owned a 650 thumper, but it wasn't enough for me to complain about. Mirrors were a bit buzzy, though....fixes for that?

The instrument cluster is excellent, and having a fuel gauge, two tripmeters and a clock is sweet. In short, I've only owned this bike a few hours and I'm already super stoked about being a Versys owner! :D Now all I have to do is trick it out for commuting/camping, with lowered pegs and engine guards. Suggestions? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts