Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know that GIVI makes hard luggage and taller windshields for the versys...and I know that Zeta makes some Hand guards for them. Couple questions...

I read somewhere a while back about someone putting v-strom hand guards on their versys. Any one else heard of this? What do ya think about them fitting? I was gonna buy a set off of ebay but thought I'd check around first...

Second, does anyone out there have the hard luggage (saddlebags, tail bag) from Givi or from Kawasaki? I tend to like the luggage listed on Kawasaki's web site better..and am going to try to get my dealer to throw in some of them with the bike purchase. Any thoughts about which luggage you like better?

And lastly...the windscreen that comes on the versys seems a bit short. I'm about 6 feet tall and think I will probably need the bigger one. Anybody have any experience with the windshield? I haven't had a chance to demo ride one (and probably won't since it's a blustering 20 degrees out here in good 'ol PA)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the Givi screen and really like it. I'm 5' 7" and I have it at the highest setting. You may want a taller screen though. Again, look thru the site above.

Kawa hard bags I heard have a long wait time so be sure how fast you can get them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Givi Luggage and Windscreen

I originally ordered the Kawi sidebags but after hearing horror stories of 5 to 7 month waits I decided to order the exact same bags from Givi (V35's) and had them 2 weeks later :). I also ordered the Givi windscreen and found that with my 5'11" height that the lowest position worked best :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Christina,

I've no experience with the luggage or aftermarket screens.

I have mount the V-Strom handguards, and while they're not the prettiest things, they work very well.

Ensure you order the 650 and not the 1000 V-Strom kit. The 1000 has a hydraulic clutch and the left guard does not fit correctly without a major hack job. (been there, done that, ordered the proper kit)

Cheers,

BBM

·
Registered
266 Posts
Christina,

I had a givi rack with Pelican cases on my KLR and will be transfering them to the Versys.

As for handguard, I will be fitting my Versys with KLR handguards. Read on the net that they fit with the right hardware. I ordered everything and should be getting them this week.

Will let you know how they fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Givi windscreen

I purchased the Givi windscreen immediately after buying my Versys. Even though I live here in north Florida, we still have some pretty cold winter mornings, and the stock screen just didn't get it. The Givi screen fits very well, looks great, and works great. Wind noise is almost eliminated. I'm approximately 6', and with the screen all the way up, the windstream catches my helmet just above the face shield. Does create some problems with the defog abilities of your helmet, but it's a worthwhile trade-off. I've now gone back to the stock screen, since our winter is over with. I still like the looks of the stock screen best. It's definitely worth the money. I think I paid about $120 for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Question re. the Kawasaki top box

My bike came with the Kawasaki branded small top box, which is a bit smaller than I need. I was about to buy a Givi Universal mount to go on the rack so I can replace it with a larger top box, but then I took a look at it today and it appears to already be a Givi Universal plate. Can anyone confirm that's the case? If so, I should be able to just mount a Givi Monokey without buying anything else, right? Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi here in the uk we were luky enough to get a full givi hard touring kit ( side and top box ) free on the versys purchased before january 2008 this was a sales trip by kawasaki uk ..... lucky lucky lucky

·
Registered
52 Posts

The V-strom guards require modifying, but work and look good. I removed them though after getting the Givi screen. I will put the Zitas next or just heated grips:confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
V strom handguards

Does any of the orig equipment need to be modified or just the new plastic parts? Do I need to buy extra bolts or clamps? Is there clearance for a hand in an insulated glove? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Givi stuff all around, bags, windshield, racks.... I am still in the market for handguards, but my windshield is at the highest position and I am about 5'9ish" with a long torso and stubby legs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts