Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow V owners :thumb:

I'm a new rider, just got my 2011. Versys 650 ABS and I got some questions for you. I'm from Serbia (Central to South-East Europe) which means limited options for gear and stuff... Any help is much appreciated.

I bought it from a dealer used, and it came with SW-Motech Quick-lock Evo rack without side cases. This one:

by products - Luggage Systems - Side Carrier - QUICK-LOCK EVO Side Carrier - SW-MOTECH

Can anyone tell me what side cases can I put on it except SW-Motech (too expensive for me at this time)? Namely I was looking something like Givi Trekker Outback 48L or any other that you can recommend.

Also, what is this on the photo? I don't have a clue?!? I guess it's some king of chain guard? :grin2:

Thanks in advance for all your replies. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
...Also, what is this on the photo? I don't have a clue?!? I guess it's some king of chain guard? :grin2:

Thanks in advance for all your replies. Cheers!
Looks like it's there to protect your chain from side impacts. Is it "U" shaped, UNDER your chain? If so, it could be to protect your swingarm from the chain (IF the OEM plastic bit is gone).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it's there to protect your chain from side impacts. Is it "U" shaped, UNDER your chain? If so, it could be to protect your swingarm from the chain (IF the OEM plastic bit is gone).
Yeah, it's under the chain in a U shape, the chain rides through it or rather in it.

I think that it also could be some kind of "dry lubrication" involved here, but beeing a noob as I am, could be totaly wrong...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Samwise,

WELCOME.

I have the same SW Motech racks you have (but on a 2008). You can mount many different types of cases, luggage or aluminum panniers to those!

Anything for the most part with flat back panels.

I have Holan Nomada aluminum panniers-- you can order them direct from Europe, I got some of my stuff direct from them. You get a lot of quality for the money.

http://holan.pl/en/16-nomada-pro-panniers

Plan B:

If you want quality and function on the cheap, you can hang Pelican cases quite nicely on those SW Motech racks too.

The one's that are the most robust are their Military spec- Pelican Hardigg Storm cases. The one that is a great fit is the IM2600.

Order them WITHOUT the interior foam at about $116 each.

I realize you are not in the USA, but here is a link as an example:

Pelican Storm iM2600 Case No Foam/Divider, Olive Drab IM2600-30000

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow guys, you're really awesome. Thanks for all the advice! :wink2:

The bike was imported from Swiss owner and they tend to take care of their bikes really good. So I guess I'll leave that chain guard on. I was considering removing it simply because I haven't seen it on any other V here or elsewhere.

Thank you for all the luggage advise! I guess Givi or Kappa would fit on it as well, it's the stuff available here in Serbia so I'll probably go with something like that. Pelican cases, hard to get imported here... :frown2:

I have another question about rear sprocket, but I guess it's a topic for Technical Discussion? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts