Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch cable on the versys is very simple. Heres a video i made when i did mine this morning.Hope this helps.:) Watch in 720dpi Large Screen

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was overcast and a very light drizzle when i got started. Was hoping to get a better view.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
Nicely done Joseph. I do the same up to putting that fitting onto the cable. Where I differ is that I 'dribble' WD40 (are we surprised...?) into the end, while pulling/ pushing the cable inner back-and-forth till the WD40 comes out the bottom. Goes quickly like yours.:thumb:

I got so p***ed off with the cable-lube you used, the first (ONLY!) time I tried to do a cable, lube EVERYWHERE (!!!) that I just fired it into the garbage.
:thumbdown:

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got so p***ed off with the cable-lube you used, the first (ONLY!) time I tried to do a cable, lube EVERYWHERE (!!!) that I just fired it into the garbage.
:thumbdown:

Know what you mean. The first time was messy then the next time i made sure i pushed the lubing tool as far as possible down the cable housing and all went well. Motion Pro sell a lubing tool. The one i used i picked up at cycle gear it came as a kit with the tool and lube.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys, It super easy but alot of guys including myself when it comes to somethings working on the bike can be intimidating. I got up the nerve to change my own plugs from a thread here on the forum that someone took the time to give step by step directions and supplied photos of the process.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thanks weljo for taking the time to post that confirms, I did ok but need lubing tool to do better job. :thumb:

Thanks again! :thumb:

I would never have guessed fast eddie used WD40! The frickin wonder lube! LOL :eek:

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why are you thinking of replacing it? What don't you like about it? Is the leather holding up okay after being in the sun and weather?

I can't tell if the one you linked swivels with the lean of the motorcycle and can't find any reviews.

The leather is fine. But where the cup holder attaches to the mount is alittle bent out of shape so it doesn't swivel as well as it should. You can put a 20oz bottle in it if you take out the liner and a large McDonalds cup will fit but useless for anything larger. Also looking at these i know they swivel...http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=motorcycle+cup+holders

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
can you do a video lubing the acceleration cables pleease??
I lube my clutch cable pretty often, but never touched the acceleration cable :(

Yea i've never lubed the throttle cables yet. Just had them done while it was in the shop. But i might give it a shot.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for posting that, it does look fairly simple. How often do you do it?

Usally every 2nd oil change.But its so easy I think i'll start doing it every oil change.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts