Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am new here, so here is my question I love the Versys and i want one have looked at 2 at the dealer, BUT i am 5-2 170lb and short legged so how low can i go ?and i would have passengers on occasion
diamond can do the seat, Speedy does a lowering link, someone makes a 30 mm lowering spring. SO can we get it to fit me? or do any of you folks have any ideas for a 600-800 class sportbike or a crossover bike like the Versys? new or used I am open to ideas.
i want another bike(miss riding and commuting to say the least gas prices) and i am getting real frustrated!:( NOT everyone is 6ft:mad: LOL
Help! indydave

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had to lower the wife's ninja 250 about 1-1/2" in rear and 1/2" in front by raising the forks. I broke it in mostly stock, pretty nice suspension for me at 180lbs. After lowering it I think the rear is stiffer but she didn't know the diff so it works fine on the street.

My point is the suspension will change with a lowering kit, course the stock setup is pretty stiff in my book and with only about 5" travel we don't a lot of room to mess with here. I looked at the options for making one fit my wife before she got the ninja but never tried them.

I would probably go with Speedys lowering kit (very nice workmanship) and be prepared to change the spring or shock, the front fork could be raised about an 1" most likely. Keep in mind that you may never be able to completely flatfoot, which is not a deal breaker for most people.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't think that you would ever be able to get a Versys low enough for you........that being said the 650R is much lower from the factory, and you can still lower it more if needed. It's also a very good bike.

·
Registered
716 Posts
They have made them for a while.....check out the Kawasaki website 650 Ninja, or 650R The are 6K new. They also have a very upright seating posistion

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Take a look at the Kawi ER-6n. It’s similar to the Versys -- a bit less in the suspension -- but the seat height spec is 29.7” (3.4” lower than the V).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts