Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to lower my VersysX 300. I would like to hear from people who have done so as to whether or not there is sufficient slack in the cables to allow a spacer be installed which would raise the handlebars. How big a spacer would I need if I used a 1.6 inch lowering kit? Any info from those of you who have lowered your bike would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I lowered mine but did not raise the handle bars but did raise the forks in the triple tree.
After 3,000 hard miles, 1/2 on gravel, the socks broke in, wear down, or I got use to it and raised the back end to normal and put back on the original links/dog-bones. I did leave the forks up in triple tree which increase turn in speed in curves. I still have the adjustable kickstand installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I lowered mine an inch with soupys adjustable lowering links, and raised the forks an inch and raised the bars 3/4 inch with bar risers. The cables did fine with those changes. Handling is good too.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I lowered mine using the Motowerk, they were an easy 15 minute install. And put risers on it. Cables were fine with the risers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Charlie, I was considering Motowerks and concerned with the cables. Now I know they will be fine. Appreciate your response, Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts